Introducing the new takealot.com eReader app, free and optimised for your iPhone and iPad, making it easier to read your eBooks bought on takealot.com
Download and read English and Afrikaans eBooks on your favourite device. With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark and make notes on your favourite passages and personalise your page margins, font style and brightness. Browse your library in list view or a grid of covers, and organise your eBooks into collections.
- Night mode turns the text white and the page black, which may be easier on your eyes while reading in low light.
- Adjusting brightness with swipe gestures
- Increase or decrease text size
- Change the font styles
- Highlight paragraphs of text and make notes
- Adjust the margins allowing more or less text on a page
- Search for certain words or paragraphs in your eBook
- Different page turn animations available - choose from flip, slide, fade or cut
- View all your books in either a list or a grid of their covers
- Sort, organize collections and rename eBooks
Includes new UI redesign reflecting takealot.com while continuing to provide all the great features of ability to download eBooks from the Purchased eBooks tab, accessing DRM-protected eBook content, creating bookmarks, editing settings of the Reading View and organizing Library content into by creating new Collections.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Forced to use this for a textbook. Absolute disgrace. Might just about work if you slowly read, do not attempt to search for anything unless you want to spend most of your time restarting the app.
Rather publish in PDF and let me search the text. I don't just want my money back, I want compensation for being put through this experience.
Kalahari app is totally rubbish
If you plan on using this to buy, download and read your books.... RUN. Don't even think about it. This app only raises your bloodpressure, and after trying for hours, no book shows up anywhere. Needless to say, customer support is non-existent too. The worst thing anyone can do to their health, is to buy ebooks legally and try to be honest...
Do not waste your time or money. Bought a book which I cannot even read because it is SO painfully slow you age while trying to turn the page. Really rubbish. This should be looked into and rectified.
- MIH Internet Africa (Proprietary) Limited
- 32 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 takealot.com. Application copyright © Bluefire Productions, LLC 2010-2015. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.