Ever feel like all those "interactive fiction" games are light on both "interactive" and "fiction"? Looking for a fiction game where your choices actually matter? Let Tales show you the real deal: real choices, real characters, real good fiction. Free to play interactive fiction like you've never seen it before, where every choice matters, and every minute counts.
We at Tales think the best fiction is written for fiction lovers, by fiction lovers, and that great stories transcend all demographics. So we've signed over 200 of the most talented, passionate authors in the industry from around the world to share their unique universes with you! Forget the corporate publishing game, Tales writers are independent creators doing what they love: dreaming up original stories, worlds, and characters.
If you love Tiktok, Kindle, Netflix, or Choose Your Own Adventure books (who doesn't?!), give Tales a try - stories for anyone where you can be anyone. What path will you choose?
Not convinced? Here's what players are saying:
"I didn’t know what to expect but once I started to browse and read some of the episodes I got lost in it. Amazing art and creative stories."
"This is by FAR the best choice based game I’ve downloaded."
"The stories are so unique and well written! There’s really nothing else like it out there. Can’t wait for new episodes."
Interested in publishing your own story? We'd love to hear from you:
Reads like a BOOK, plays like a GAME!
FRAGMENTED: You wake up covered in scars, with no memory. Will you rediscover the woman you once were, or evolve to something new - and terrifying?
ASHEN SKIES: A post-nuclear dystopia is no place for your little boy - but little boys grow up fast. Will you raise him to be a savior or a monster?
INSIDE BACKWATER: A cult leader has dark plans for your hometown. Can you stop him and save your sister - or will you have to choose?
SAVING LINCOLN: You can change history, but every choice has its butterfly effect. Can you save the president without destroying the future?
SHADOWS OF GLASTONBURY MANOR: A ghost, a haunted house, and a bachelorette party gone horribly wrong. Do you dare step inside?
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED: You can make that critic write you a good review and make that director cast you as the lead - all it costs is a little part of your soul. Are you ready to make the ultimate sacrifice for Hollywood stardom?
CAT’S CLAW: A timebomb in your head is set to go off in two weeks: how do you use your time? Saving innocents? Destroying your enemies? Or maybe finding the bastard that did this to you?
MIRROR, MIRROR: A rendezvous with a fairy circle transports you into the world of the fae - where they think you’re the princess! Do you escape back to your reality, or try to restore peace to the fairy realm?
FOLLOW · US
* Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/playtalesfiction/
* Facebook Groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/talesfiction
* Discord: https://discord.gg/BuF65qG
* Instagram: https://instagram.com/talesfiction/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/talesfiction/
SUBSCRIPTION · DETAILS
* Subscribe to Tales for unlimited access to stories, images, and removing all commercial breaks.
* Subscription rates are: $3.99/week, $9.99/month, or $79.99/year.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period in the user's Account Settings.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package.
Character emotions will have proper background colors and short stories will no longer freeze on the end page. Faster story browsing and tapping experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
this app includes so many great stories that are well-written and well-paced. however, there are some major bugs that are very frustrating and need to be dealt with.
1. while i was playing one of the stories, the app glitched and selected the choice that cost diamonds. not only did i not want to select this choice but it also spent all 25 diamonds i had. and since there is no way to earn diamonds besides paying, i'm out of luck.
2. another issue that i encountered playing the same story: i'm earning "info points" but nothing is being added. it keeps saying "+0" (even after saying i learned info) so my info level remains at 0. i can't progress in the story because of this, since certain choices need a certain number of info points. again, i'm out of luck and very frustrated.
3. once you are all caught up on an unfinished story, THE STORY DISAPPEARS. not only is it no longer a part of your library, it just CEASES TO EXIST. you can't even search for it. it's just gone.
i've never written a review before but i really do love this app and want to see it improve. because i know it has the potential to be great.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks so much for your write-up here!! Very important to us to know what's malfunctioning. 1. If you can sent a report to firstname.lastname@example.org we can give you those gems back! 2. Could you possible send a bug report on the story/chapter that happens at w/some basic info? We'd love to fix that, as you're surely not the only one feeling that way! 3. We just released a build with a bunch of bug fixes on it (2.44), that should have been one of them. Give it a whirl w/that update and let us know if it's still behaving that way. Thanks again for your feedback. :)
Great Stories, but a few issues
I really love the stories that they have in the game, however, I have a few issues.
1. I wish they updated chapters of certain stories more often, Stories such as Vampire Fiction hasn’t been updated in a long time.
2. I wish that there was a way to get gems without paying. Maybe giving players free gems every time they complete a chapter?
3. As I’m trying to play through a chapter, the game doesn’t allow me to progress through the story at a certain point. No matter where I tap, no new text boxes appear. Although I can exit the story or check the top tab, I cannot progress.
Edit: The bugs that I encountered were fixed and the stories that I’m reading now are really really good. But I would suggest adding some kind of schedule for these stories. Like adding some type of note on the description of the book on how often the author would update it or if it’s on hiatus or something. But overall, I’m still diggin the stories
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Let me get to your very honest thoughts:
1. We're shuffling stories around so that you'll be able to find stories that have the most active writers. There are those writers who want to take their time to create their passion piece, but we want to give you guys that information upfront!
2. We're looking into that idea right now. Can't promise you anything because it's important that we can pay sustainable royalties to writers who have invested time and energy into these stories, but if we can expand their audience without destroying their monetization, it's a win-win.
3. We've had no less than 7 updates since the version you tried and each one contains nothing but bug fixes. We think version 2.17 has tackled all of the glaring progression issues so please give it a spin!
Tried the subscription trial and was disappointed.
I wanted to play without diamond options, and as long as I wanted. I could play as long as I wanted which was good. The diamonds however where another story. For some stories the diamonds didn’t matter. I did not care about romance options or romance in general but when it came to where your only “good” choice you had to pay for, or you only had two choices and the only other one you had costed diamonds, it lost me. I am assuming that the diamonds are how the authors are paid and the subscription pays the app maker/mangers. I was really really excited about this as a subscription service. I love games and I love stories and yes I am old enough or odd enough (used bookstore junkie) to have had choose your own adventure novels and I still pick them up when I find them. Best stories I read that were interesting were The Wall for pulling you in with the survival choices and fantasy storyline, and The Grove very unique with the mother tree and all maybe it was based on a fable I haven’t heard of, if not tops for the original thought. But really if I am paying a subscription I don’t want to pay for anything else.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we totally hear you and absolutely understand your concerns here. As we expand our writer and story base, we'll be looking into ways for users to earn diamonds! Additionally, we encourage all our writers to have non-diamond options that are exciting and/or reachable through savvy gameplay. We do our best to make sure that non-premium content is still engaging and fun. Thanks so much for your feedback here, we'll take it into account going forward.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FableLabs, Inc
- 400.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Tales
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Buy 30 Tales Gems $4.99
- Weekly Subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.