Tales2go is a streaming audiobook service for children (Pre K through high school), used by educators in a growing number of schools and districts across the U.S., including Los Angeles USD, Scarsdale UFSD, Berkeley USD and Heartland AEA. Tales2go is also popular with parents and homeschoolers.
Tales2go provides instant, unlimited and simultaneous access to over seven thousand high interest audio book titles from leading publishers to desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Titles range from classics such as Curious George Rides a Bike or The Quiet American to popular series and characters such as Diary of a Wimpy Kid and 39 Clues.
Award-winning app: Teachers' Choice Award for the Classroom, District Administration Top 100 Product, Tech & Learning Award of Excellence, EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award Finalist for Best Mobile App Solution (Elementary); eSchool Media Readers' Choice Award, Tillywig Brain Child Award, Parents’ Choice Gold Award, Mom's Choice Gold Award and NAPPA Gold Award, PTPA Media Award.
Try Tales2Go for FREE for 30 days. After the initial free period, choose either a monthly recurring or annual subscription to maintain access to the catalog. Log-in up to FIVE simultaneous devices on each Tales2go account.
- "Tales2Go has had a huge impact on the the K-5 students in my school this year. Listening to books read by storytellers and actors serves as a model for how to read fluently and with expression. Tales2Go has also allowed struggling readers to access higher level texts in their reading classes. Students also improve their sight word vocabulary and comprehension when they listen to an audio book while following along in the print version of the book. Tales2Go has motivated students to read more and has helped students develop positive attitudes about reading." Cathy Potter, School Librarian, Falmouth, ME
- "Very Useful. I am a teacher and use this with my 4th Grade students. They love the variety of stories." jonathanwylie
- "A Mom Must-Have! My two boys (ages 7 and 9) love this app! We listen in the car as we travel, during dinner and before bed. Both the boys and I like the vast variety of stories to choose from and the fact it is so user-friendly" CuteBoyMom
- Tales2Go is a fantastic resource for Homeschool families. We love listening eveywhere, kitchen table, car and even in bed before bedtime. Love tales2go." R. Nichol
- "LOVE this app! As a special education teacher I really appreciate the ability to access audio books/stories for students. As a person I really love the flexibility to listen to books while I work, drive, and relax. This is a fantastic app." Jeubank
- "Great app! My whole family and I listened to Encylopedia Brown in the car today (what a blast from the past) and it worked perfectly. Lots of great content for all ages... I definitely recommend giving it a shot." whitemencantjump
1 Month Subscription for $9.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
1 Year Subscription for $99.99, does not automatically renew.
SUBSCRIBERS' AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE: For all automatic renewal subscriptions, your credit card will be charged every month for another month's subscription until you change your preferences in your account settings.
1. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
2. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
3. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
4. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase
5. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be added to subscription time purchased.
Ratings and Reviews
We absolutely love the variety of audiobooks through T2G. We have used it often. Developers need to fix the bookmark feature though. You can set the bookmark but as soon as the app is closed, it forgets your bookmark! We take a screenshot every time we stop listening in order to find our place the next time we listen. They also need to add a skip-ahead-30-seconds button in addition to the back button they have.
We love this app but the last few times we’ve tried to use it, it plays the first few seconds and then freezes. Also, the bookmarks are disappearing.
Password to log out?
I remember hating this app before. Now I hate it more. There are 2 books that appear. No search, no listing of all books. And I’m asked to enter my password to log out? I don’t have it due to hating the app the last time we tried it. No “forgot password” link. I’m not going to run around trying to figure out how to log out. I’m deleting it. Update it, or maybe start over, developers.
- Tales2Go, Inc.
- 47.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2010-19 Tales2Go Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription: Auto-Renew $9.99
- Annual Subscription $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.