Not being able to speak on your own is difficult. Talk For Me - Text to Speech, designed and engineered by a person who lost the ability to speak, seeks to make your life easier. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iOS device will talk for you. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up and up again for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete. Can you type fast or need to spell a word? Turn on the Auto Speech Function to have every word or letter spoken as you enter it. Together with keyboard shortcuts, predictive text and your custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices*, including the Alex voice**
• Enhanced Quality Voices***.
• Support for Dynamic Type****
• Siri Shortcuts Support
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) - Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Semi-Auto Speech Function - Use the keyboard return key to speak the text you typed.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button are easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Please rate the app in the App Store. Go to mobiletouchtech.com for assistance and feature requests.
* Languages currently supported are English (US) (AU) (UK), Spanish (MX) (ES), German, French (FR), Dutch (BE) (NL), Chinese (CN) (HK) (TW), Korean and Japanese.
** Alex is English (US) only. To use the Alex voice you have to first download it to your iOS device. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices -> English -> and select Alex to download the voice. (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later).
*** To use the enhanced quality voices, on your iOS device, open the Settings app, go to General > Accessibility > Speech > Voices > and tap to download the enhanced version of the desired voice. At the present time, the following enhanced voices are supported (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later):
English (US) Siri Female "Nicky", Siri Male "Aaron", Alex, Allison, Ava, Samantha "Sam", and Tom
English (UK) Serena and Oliver
English (AU) Karen and Lee
Spanish (MX) Paulina and Juan
Spanish (ES) Marisol and Jorge
German (DE) Anna and Yannick
French (FR) Audrey and Thomas
Dutch (BE) Ellen
Dutch (NL) Claire and Xander
Chinese (CN) Siri Female "You-Shu" and Siri Male "Li-Mu"
Chinese (HK) Sin-Ji
Chinese (TW) Mei-Jia
Korean (KO) Yuna
Japanese (JP) Kyoko and Otoya
**** Dynamic Type: Open the Settings app. Go to Display & Brightness > Text Size and adjust the text to your preferred size. If you want even larger sized text, go to General > Accessibility > Large Text and turn that to On.
This update adds two more pages of custom buttons. Includes bug fixes and enhancements.
Please contact me with questions, issues or suggestions at darrin@MobileTouchTech.com or visit www.MobileTouchTech.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic for Voice Rest
I had vocal surgery and had to be on 15 days complete voice rest. My husband works nights, and I have two young boys who cannot read. I needed something that would speak for me. This app is amazing and simple. I connect to my Bluetooth speaker to get it louder when out. Love the custom common phrases. People constantly asked me the same questions. The custom phrases allowed me to answer quickly without having to type every time. My two boys even love the app now. So glad this was available.
I just got my tonsils removed so talking is really hard. I downloaded other apps and they do not compare to this one. It’s really nice to have it ad free without paying any fee and I love that the voice change if you add a question mark or exclamation point, adds a bit of human in the voice.
All around an amazing app to use for those who just need something to be able to communicate and can’t talk.
This app fills a huge gap. There are so many apps for young children with speech issues, and for those who cannot read, but it's hard to find a simple app you can type into and it speak for you. Talk For Me did just that! The design is simple to use and perfect for adults who understand English, can read, and just cannot speak. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.