Communication Made Simple
Great for phone calls and FaceTime and with iOS 17 it now supports Personal Voice.
Talk For Me - Text to Speech will help you to communicate with ease. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iPhone or iPad will talk for you. Need to make a phone call or a FaceTime audio or video call? Automagically the spoken text will be heard on the other caller's phone or iPad when on a call. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences or for temporary text in preparation for a phone call or meeting. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete or use. Can you type fast or need to spell a word? Turn on the Auto Speech Function to have every word or letter spoken as you enter it. Together with keyboard shortcuts, predictive text and your custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• Support for English (US, AU, UK), Chinese (CN, HK, TW), Dutch (BE, NL), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (BR, PT) & Spanish (MX, ES).
• NEW Create a Personal Voice with iOS 17 and use the voice in the app.
• NEW Send Speech to an Active Call on the iPhone and use for FaceTime calls on iPhone & iPad (Yes, use for phone calls!)
• NEW Visual Representation Showing the Text as it is Spoken. The text is highlighted as it is spoken which is useful when on a phone call and for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices, including the Alex voice
• Enhanced Quality Voices***.
• Support for Dynamic Type****
• Siri Shortcuts Support
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) - Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Semi-Auto Speech Function - Use the keyboard return key to speak the text you typed.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button are easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Please rate the app in the App Store. Go to MobileTouchTech.com for assistance and feature requests. Be careful to properly enter your email when using the Contact page as that will be my only way to reply. Or email me directly at darrin@MobileTouchTech.com.
*** To use the enhanced quality voices, on your iOS device, open the Settings app, go to Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices > and tap to download the enhanced version of the desired voice. If your chosen voice has both an enhanced and premium option, download the premium option as that will be used.
**** Dynamic Type: Open the Settings app. Go to Display & Brightness > Text Size and adjust the text to your preferred size. If you want even larger sized text, go to General > Accessibility > Large Text and turn that to On.
This update adds support for Personal Voice in iOS 17. Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for MOST - Works on M1 Mac
Really useful app, simple clean UI, easy to customize, works on M1 Macs and iPad with intuitive touch interface on iPad and with simple easy mouse integration on both. Speech is clear and the rate is easy to customize. In many ways the app has a very professional feel well suited to anyone from adults to students (perhaps as soon as they can read). I would go five stars except for some minor things about the UI. First, if you can read this is a fantastic UI that feels clean and intelegent but if you can't you may have challenges - I can't find a way to use icons, pictures, or colors. Second, the main screen is what it is - I couldn't add additional custom "sayings" to this screen - HOWEVER, there is an archive feature which is not exactly intuitive but does let you build up and recall what you want to say - worth checking out and taking the time to learn. As I said - the app has a simple clean UI and changing it (beyond maybe the ability to choose different color themes) could ruin its professional feel.
If you require colors, symbols, pictures - look elsewhere.
Speech Pathologist recommendation
I often recommend a free or inexpensive communication app for patients of mine who don’t need or can’t afford a more sophisticated device. I stumbled across this one while looking for a text to speech app. Most are the same; you type a message and hit a button to speak it, and you can save a limited number of messages you use frequently. Unfortunately all the messages are saved in the same place, so you have to look through them and select the one you want, which slows the process down. This app has that capability, but it also gives you 34 customizable buttons for frequently used messages. They’re incredibly easy to program and using the app to communicate is quick and intuitive. I’ve used many of these apps and this one is the best by far, and it’s free!
Fantastic for Voice Rest
I had vocal surgery and had to be on 15 days complete voice rest. My husband works nights, and I have two young boys who cannot read. I needed something that would speak for me. This app is amazing and simple. I connect to my Bluetooth speaker to get it louder when out. Love the custom common phrases. People constantly asked me the same questions. The custom phrases allowed me to answer quickly without having to type every time. My two boys even love the app now. So glad this was available.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Darrin Altman
- 1.2 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Darrin Altman
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.