Record & transcribe interviews, meetings, lectures, podcasts, your thoughts with Talk Notes! Perfect accuracy (audio quality dependent) using Apple's Speech recognition.
Record, playback and transform your voice notes into text using Talk Notes. Ideal for recording and transcribing interviews, meetings, lectures, podcasts, as well as your voice notes, with excellent accuracy (subject to audio quality) using the Apple Speech recognition framework. Talk Notes is a great tool for boosting productivity, sharing and organising your files, allowing for effortless syncing across every device.
Record & Transcribe
Simply tap the microphone button to begin the recording the session on your device. During a recording session you can LONG TAP the microphone to pause/resume the session.
There is no limit on the recording time and the audio file will automatically sync with iCloud, if the option is enabled.
Transform your voice into text by simply tapping the audio file and selecting the transcribe option. You can copy, edit the text or add your notes at any time.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVEN THOUGH THE APP HAS NO TIME LIMITATION FOR TRANSCRIPTIONS, SOMETIMES THE LENGTH OF TRANSCRIPTION IS LIMITED TO ONE MINUTE, DEPENDING ON LANGUAGE, DEVICE, AND IOS VERSION.
Preview & Organise
You can easily access previous recordings using the Files tab, which allows you to quickly preview them from the list. You can browse your library by date and time, as well as rename recordings and notes files using your Mac
Tap on any file in the list for advanced playback options, including: skipping forward and backward, adding and editing notes, generating a transcription or sharing options.
You can export and send the audio file and notes by email, as well as share to your Mac and other supported devices using AirDrop.
Upload and import existing audio files from your devices to create a transcription.
Supported audio file formats include: FLAC, Apple Lossless, M4A, WAV and MP3
Adjust sample rates from 16kHz up to 48kHz (high quality) to control file size.
Explore the latest in Talk Notes:
- Enhanced Recording: Experience superior audio quality and improved transcriptions with our automatic volume adjustment feature, accessible from the transcribe menu.
- Multilingual Excellence: Now enjoy precise transcriptions in multiple languages, making Talk Notes versatile for users worldwide.
- Punctuation in Transcriptions: For iOS 16 and up, we've added punctuation, enhancing readability and clarity in your transcriptions.
- Seamless Sharing: Effortlessly share your transcribed notes via email, text, or social media platforms. Connect with your audience effortlessly.
- Preserve Your Best Transcription: If a final transcription is unavailable, we'll safeguard your last best transcription, ensuring your valuable notes are never lost.
- Enhanced Sharing: We've elevated our sharing options for a smoother, more efficient experience.
- Optimized for iOS 17: Benefit from faster and more accurate operations, thanks to the advancements in iOS 17, enhancing your overall transcription experience.
- Bug Fixes and Performance Boost: We've addressed issues and fine-tuned performance, making Talk Notes even more reliable and efficient.
Stay connected and get support:
Follow us on Twitter @transcriberec for the latest updates, helpful tips, and support.
Note: While our app has no transcription time limits, factors such as language, device, and iOS version may impose a one-minute transcription limitation.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m really disappointed with this app. I just bought it recorded a four minute message and it only gave me a partial transcription, no matter how many times I played it. Very frustrating!
Developer Response ,
Sorry for that. It could be many reasons for that. Please go to Settings, scroll to the end, tap Support and drop us a line. We can help you to solve the problem.
From the examples, it looked like this app could make punctuation marks automatically. That was my incentive to purchase it. However when I tried it out, all it did was make words; it didn’t even make periods at the ends of sentences. Please fix this and I will raise my rating.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching us. The application is using Siri at his core, and unfortunately, it cannot detect punctuation. I don't know any app which can do that automatically. You can use speech commands, such as "period" — "comma" — "new paragraph" — and so on, which are easily recognized by Siri. As some editing is always required, in the picture, we put a corrected text with no intention to misinform the users. Let's hope for the best in the new iOS 14, which may come with more improvements on that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nicolae Gherasim
- 2.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 mindeon software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.