"Talk to Me" 3.0.0 is a light weight text to speech application that speaks words as you type them.
See the youtube demonstration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLfIIxyTY8
While there are other text to speech applications out there, "Talk To Me" offers the following advantages:
- Interactive - "Talk to me" speaks the words as you type them!
- Continues speaking in the background or when the device is locked.
- Supports remote control of pausing and playing.
- Displays the current words being spoken on the lock screen and in the multi-tasking bar's play controls.
- Pause - Pause the speaking
- Voice Volume Control - Control the volume of the voices.
- Fast - "Talk To Me" can read pages and pages of text with no pauses for conversion. Conversion is done parallel to speaking.
- Support for multiple languages and voices.
- Save Library - Save your phrases for playback quickly
- Copy Item - Copy the text from a saved Library item back to the main screen.
- Speak Speed Control - Control the speed of speaking
- Voice Pitch Control - Change the pitch of the chosen voice
- Support for landscape mode
- Adjustable font size for the main text area.
- Speak whatever is in the copy buffer as soon as the app is launched
- Create a bookmark in Safari allowing you to select text from web sites, select the bookmark, and automatically launch Talk To Me and start speaking what you selected
- In app email to access support
Devices: iPhone and iPod Touch Second Generation
- Support for multiple languages
- Now using iOS embedded voices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whoops. Time to fix a big bug.
The program speaks individual words as you type. When I hit play and it finishes talking, it crashes.
Occasionally crashes when you try to leave library window
The app works great except for occasional crashing when in the library window and clicking "done" to get back to the main window to type additional text. It would also be able to select larger font sizes in the library view.
After playing around with it more, I noticed that it only crashes when you go to the library with no text already typed in the main screen. If you have anything typed and you go to the library, you can click done to get back tot he main window. If you have nothing previously typed, it crashes. Bug.
I wound up purchasing both this and "Speak It". Without the crashing bug, I like this version better but the "Speak It" does alow you to select the font size which is nice.
I bought these apps for a family member that had throat surgery and can't speak for a few days.
I use these type of applications to read informational and/or research documents to me while I'm at work (basically to multitask). This app allows me to effortlessly copy as long a document as desired into the reading space. The voice is superior to many other similar apps that I've tried and does a decent job of pronunciation. It also allows me to pick up where I left off after putting my device away (as any worth-while app would, in my opinion) and then save the document that I just listened to--excellent! In addition, you can change the reading speed and font size. This is definitely my app of choice! Well done, Chris!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.