- Wakes you by speaking the time, your next appointment, the weather forecast, and plays your music.
- Tells you when you have to leave and reminds you with a countdown.
- Asks a trivia question with the alarm to help get your brain in gear.
- Can't see your clock at night? Tap the screen and TalkingAlarm speaks the time.
- Integrates with the Home app and uses the HomeKit framework for home automation, e.g. turn on lights, open shades with alarm.
- EZWake option for very slow music volume and screen brightness fade-in.
- Background alarms work with the app turned off.
- Snooze function lets you pause the alarm, but gets after you for doing so.
- Optional time reminders during alarm music.
- Sleep function plays music from your music library then very slowly fades out, or plays sleep sounds all night.
- Dim the screen while sleeping, automatically returns to full brightness with alarm.
- Live stream video of penguins, jelly fish, bears and other critters for clock background.
- Optional periodic time announcements, useful while working or studying so you don't lose track of time.
- Broad range of settings allow you to configure TalkingAlarm to your liking.
Developer welcomes feedback and suggestions.
• Fixed issue with Background Alarms after notification banner selects Snooze or Dismiss.
• Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app! Except the digital clock color is only green.
This is a wonderful app! It’s one-stop shop “goto app” to assist a person in managing an individual’s time calendar where more than just an alarm or alert is needed. It aids a person in helping them not only wake up but it can aid is assisting an individual prepare for daily life events. It links information one needs to effectively prepare for an appointment. It can also access time events that a person may have on OS X’s calendar app, weather forecasts, etc. The clock and alarm controls are very in-depth, while the user interface is intuitive. However, what I do not understand is why such a comprehensive program as this does not allow for color changes to the digital clock. The app appears like it would allow user control, but it doesn’t. This would be a total 5-star app if it had this feature. Likewise, the program appears to have an option to select wallpaper for the analog portion of the clock. But it too is a go nowhere option. User can’t change the wallpaper either. It is as if the programmers had started down the path of allowing users to change these options but didn’t for some reason. Even still, this is a top notch app!! If you want a clock/alarm program that is comprehensive and yet amazingly intuitive AND one doesn’t mind “programmer selected” wallpaper for the analog clock and the color green for the digital clock; this is a MUST HAVE APP!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words! You can actually configure everything you requested using the "Skin" settings in the app. Please email me (using the Feedback link in the app's settings) if you have more questions or want help in configuring the clock screens. Mark
Don’t know what I would do without this app!!
Yes, it really is that amazing! It is 100% reliable and has never failed me, which is obviously of utmost importance (and should be a given in an alarm app, but isn’t always!). But what I love most is how customizable it is, which allows me to LITERALLY begin my day exactly the way I want to! One of my favorite features is being able to hear my day’s agenda and the weather forecast so I can plan my day (and I sometimes use the recording feature to record an important reminder, motivation, etc.). I also love being able to integrate Caseta dimmers with TalkingAlarm (I currently just use a plug-in dimmer to turn the family room light on for those really early, dark winter mornings). There are too many great features to list, but one last fave is the ability to customize the display so I can have a large, yet dim, bedside clock. Great job creating a very thoughtful, impactful app!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad that you’ve found TalkingAlarm so helpful. I have a Lutron dimmer plug for the lamp on my bedside table so that EZWake can slowly bring up the brightness over a four minute period. It’s the smoothest wake-up ever! Mark
EVERYTHING I Never Knew I Needed!!
No matter what I’ve tried in the past (and I’ve tried it ALL... including all the other alarm apps) I couldn’t seem to get myself up in the morning. It was a problem. Until I tried this app. My sister found it and it is a God-send! Not only does it have inventive ways of waking me up that sleepy-me hasn’t gotten used to and ignores, it reads a personal message out loud, tells me the time, weather, and appointments for the day on my calendar! It can play music or sounds that come on the app, connect to iTunes to play a song of your choice, even connect and stream radio stations live! The VERY minor inconvenience that you have to have the app open through the night is not a big deal at all. I’m blown away by the options this app gives you to help you wake up in the morning. Everyone needs to use this app!
- Fortuisoft LLC
- 26.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Fortuisoft LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Forever $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.