Tallie is an industry-trusted business expense report automation software solution that streamlines the entire expense management process—from point of purchase to accounting and reimbursement. Tallie automates the management and tracking of expenses through a suite of enterprise-grade policy compliance, internal control, and analytics tools.
Tallie is the leading SaaS expense management innovator and enabler of the complete cloud-based accounting ecosystem. In close collaboration with users, CPA practitioners, and industry-leading accounting, technology, and financial partners, it has developed mobile-enabled solutions for comprehensive data capture, intelligent transaction categorization, robust approval controls and seamless accounting integration. Tallie was recognized for technology leadership by CPA Practice Advisor, 2014 Tax & Accounting Tech Innovation Award Winner, Inc. Magazine as a Top-50 high-growth software company and 2014 Awesome App by The Sleeter Group. Tallie currently serves more than 2,000 small-medium business (SMB) customers and 100,000 active paying users who have deployed its business-class expense-management solutions.
Ratings and Reviews
Weakling of the Expense App World
What is the whole purpose of having an app? Convenience, right? This cheesy app does not allow you to map your personal credit card. You must wait for your merchant(s) to post the expense(s) (whenever they get around to it) and your credit card company to clear the expense(s) (that can quite often take an inconvenient amount of time) - even though you have receipts. And you have to monitor these tasks only through your desktop or laptop - you're not allowed to do so through the app; the app is too static and feature-less. And this phone app won't let even you change the date of the expense which is most time listed incorrectly. Or dollars to Euros and vice versa - which they also sometimes get wrong. You have to do that from the laptop or desktop. Convenient? I think not. If I have to use my laptop anyway, what is the point? This is basically a cheap, do–nothing app created for the purpose of showing the world they too have an app, and they're hoping nobody reveals how sucky it is. This app is the weakling of the expense world.
This is an inhuman app.
1) The ocr auto scan takes forever. This would not be a problem normally, except that the ocr information (which is always wrong) OVERRIDES the user-input manual information when it finally comes in, forcing you to enter in the information twice. What the hell?
2) Foreign transactions cannot be posted in the future. Ok, sure. Then why does the date field allow you to put in a future date when you have a foreign currency selected? The ocr information is always wrong and set in the future so you have to fix it. Just defaulting to current date would make things so much easier...
3) If the receipt doesn’t make it to the server for ocr processing, 50% of the time it doesn’t save properly. Since the ocr is so bad, can we just turn it off and do all changes locally?
Fails to show same information as website
The app never seems to be in sync with the website, and the data is either days or even weeks out of date. Expenses that are visible on the website don't appear anywhere on the app, expenses with receipts attached on website show nothing attached / out of policy on phone. Expense reports that I submitted months ago show as still open on the phone app, and expense reports that are on the website have a completely different set of charges than the app. Uploads won't process. Signing in and out -sometimes- corrects the inaccuracies. But all in all, I have to stick to doing all of my expenses on my computer and not using the phone app at all, since without an accurate data set, it's worthless.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Virtual Software Inc.
- 48.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Tallie
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.