Lady Tallowmere's kittens have been acting strange. Still, the dungeon's rituals must be carried out. Despite the unusual circumstances, how many rooms can you clear?
◈ SLAY AND CONQUER ◈
• Raise your shield to survive.
• Defeat enemies. Find the key in each room to advance.
• Level up. Acquire weapons, shields, blessings, and potions to alter your character.
• Achieve a high score based on the room number you reach.
◈ EVER-CHANGING DUNGEONS ◈
• ROGUELIKE RANDOMNESS. Rooms, enemies, items, and modifiers are procedurally generated every run.
• PLAY YOUR WAY. Choose your character and starting weapon before each adventure.
• FIGHT. Each room contains more enemies the further you go.
• WEAPON MASTERY. Use the right tool for the job – each weapon behaves differently.
• LOOT. Uncover higher rarity levels and item tiers the deeper you delve.
• STAY HEALTHY. Drink potions, find hearts, or visit Lady Tallowmere for healing.
• UNLOCK. Expand your starting arsenal by progressing far enough. Success is rewarded, not failure.
◈ PLAYER MODES ◈
• Couch Co-op (local shared screen with 2 gamepads)
• Online Co-op (up to 4 players per game, including cross-platform support)
◈ TECHNICAL FEATURES ◈
• Touchscreen and gamepad support
• Save your game anywhere and resume where you were
• Game Center achievements and leaderboards for eternal bragging rights
• iCloud support for saved games, high scores, and preferences
• Added positioning options for the Interact button and bottom buttons.
• Added "hold to activate" options for many buttons.
• The Chat button now has "hold to activate" enabled by default.
• Added text advising that saved games are deleted upon death.
• Fixed an error that could happen during death sequence with inventory open.
Ratings and Reviews
Very fun multiplayer
For context, I had not played either of these games until yesterday when I bought Tallowmere and Tallowmere 2 on a whim looking for yet another roguelike/lite to pass the time. I immediately fell in love with and lost 3 hours to playing the first entry! I’ll admit I was skeptical a “free to play” successor could improve on such a fun, unique approach to the genre. Thank goodness Tallowmere 2 takes everything I loved in the first game and pushes it to a level of polish that frankly should embarrass many larger studios.
I played this game for an hour today with my son, him on an iPad mini and me on my iPhone and it worked perfectly. Even when I dropped out to answer a txt or call the game kept running without a hitch, made him the host, and allows me to rejoin! Very few games on iOS get this right so I was impressed by that alone but my gosh I’m just amazed at how bad I slept on these two beautiful, lovingly crafted games. Don’t be me, play it now!
A whole lot of fun
Once you get used to it. Block, often. And don't get your block confused with your attack in the heat of a battle like I just did, ending an hour long run that I was really enjoying.
I hope the update comes out that allows you to restore a saved game after tragedy strikes. At the moment it's quite unforgiving.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. More forgiving game modes and gameplay options (such as respawning) are planned for upcoming version 0.4.
Still no progression
The gameplay is flawless, I’ll give it that. And I see the game is in early access on steam with lots of improvements coming, but there is still no progression system. Of any kind. No progression for me, means no reason to play. No unlockable characters, no skins, no starting with upgraded weapons, nothing. I give it an extra star because again, gameplay is flawless, I just see no reason to play it. I’ll return once game gets full release, “story mode” and “no perma death mode” are planned, but time will tell if they offer the key word the majority of people need in games these days. Progression.
Developer Response ,
There is some light meta progression with the Magic Mirror and Weapon Rack at the moment. More content is scheduled for upcoming version 0.4 and beyond. As a solo developer, things take time. Thanks for your feedback.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chris McFarland
- 234.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Finnish, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2023 Chris McFarland
- In-App Purchases
- Core Supporter Pack $4.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.