Tally is the quick, easy way to keep track of any counts, from habit tracking to game scorekeeping. Tally's gesture-based interface keeps your eyes free while counting.
## COMMON USES ##
* Scorekeeping - Board games or out on the pitch!
* Habit Tracking - Keep up with your exercise, coffee intake, medications, whatever!
* Event Attendance
## FEATURES ##
* Easy gesture support. Tap to count up, swipe down to count down.
* Unlimited tallies.
* Each tally can count up or down and have a "step" increment -- to count by twos, fives, tens.
* Set targets on tallies to track progress.
* Visual, audio, and haptic feedback for counts.
* Quick reset to starting values for individual tallies or whole tally sets.
* Widgets! Add, subtract, or just keep up with your favorite tallies and tally sets right on your Home or Lock Screen.
* Live Activities. Pin a tally set to your Lock Screen with Live Activity support.
* Shortcuts support. Extensive support for automation. Add to, subtract from, or reset counts–even create and query tallies and tally sets.
* Sync with iCloud across devices.
## TALLY PRO ##
Tally is always free to use, but you can get more out of Tally with a Tally Pro subscription:
* Tally for Apple Watch!
* Unlimited tally sets.
* Customize accent colors and app icons.
* Choose alternate sound effects.
* Advanced automation with Shortcuts.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
* Payment will be charged to your Apple account at confirmation of purchase
* Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
* Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were initially charged for the subscription
* Subscriptions can be managed or canceled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set colors on individual tallies in a set, enable-disable device sleep when in app.
For complete release notes, visit: https://agiletortoise.com/tally/changelog
Ratings and Reviews
Super simple, yet super powerful via Shortcuts.
This app has some of the best Apple Shortcuts support I’ve seen. Without that, it is a beautifully simple, great little app that does exactly what it promises.
Both WITH the great Shortcuts support, it really becomes a powerhouse. Absolutely essential for anyone making their own habit trackers, using Obsidian, etc. Stellar.
***** Feature request: ability to set the count in a tracker via Shortcuts rather than just incrementing or decrementing by the steps set as default.
Also: I love and use the sample Shortcuts you provided. I wish there were more power user tips and tricks documentation for this app. All the focus seems to be on Drafts, which is also amazing. I wish this were as well documented.
Was simple and straightforward
Now it’s convoluted, not specially aware and moved the reset button into a menu. These design choices are motivated by the idea of giving multiple tally sets. A function I’m willing to bet only 10% of their users wanted. But now there is a huge gap at the top of the app between the menus and the actual start of your tallies. The font has been reduced so you can barely see what you’re clicking on. And the absolute worst part is the reset button js been removed from the center bottom of the app. For those that use reset even once a day you will be annoyed by the change of putting it nested in another menu. At the very least put it in both. Clearly the developers are not using their own app on a daily or hourly basis as some of us do for our jobs.
Edit: the developer responded with less than helpful suggestions. They want us to think their UI is better with simplicity. Their UX is garbage. Adjusting font size through the iPhones overall text size is the worst decision a developer could choose. They’ve taken a flawless app and made specific pain points for their everyday users. Another app that’s going on the trash because the developers have fallen out of touch with their actual users.
Developer Response ,
You can tap and hold anywhere on a tally, in the counting view or the tally set list to reset now. It's not obvious, but is more convenient once you become aware of it. As for the font size, it now follows the font size options you have selected for your device. If you would like larger fonts, increase the system font size. Hope this helps!
Great! Needs important tweaks, though
I’ve enjoyed this app for the last week or so however there are some changes that I definitely feel should be made and are pretty simple that will make it SO much better.
1. Being able to re-order sets, not just items. Not a fan of the sets moving all around as you count one thing and then another from another set. A setting to turn this off would be ideal.
2. There are pretty colors to choose from, some more would be really nice— even better would be a color wheel/grid.
3. Also regarding colors, being able to change the color for any item in a set and (maybe) allow items to have their own icons. The icon selection are awesome!
4. This, along with #1, are what deters me from this app specifically: adding a history or “this is what you counted today vs in total for this specific item”. This is definitely crucial for a tally app. The archive is personally unusable, so adding a history or today/all feature would be awesome.
GLITCH: Not sure why this happens but often times the item i’m tallying will switch to another item OR the count won’t be entirely correct or updated when I go in and out of the app. It can be really frustrating having to fix it each time.
Nonetheless, I still enjoy the app! Currently deciding on keeping this one vs 2 others and what will keep me recommending this is if changes are made in the near future!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Agile Tortoise
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2024 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock $0.00
- Tally Pro - Annual $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.