Land your troops on the beaches of northern France, lay bridges to cross flooded enemy defences, avoid tanktraps, clear the area of dangerous minefields, overcome the enemy and claim the beachhead for the Allies! Tank Battle: Normandy is a historical wargame themed around the Allied invasion of Axis held in Europe on the 6th of June, 1944. Play as the Allies, British or Americans as many new units enter the theatre for the first time. Or, play as the Germans as they use their impressive arrays of heavy tanks, bunker emplacements and artillery to repel the invasion forces.
The invasion missions are a careful recreation of the naval landings at Omaha, Utah, Sword and Gold beaches. The other missions are a mixture of themed and historical battles that challenge even the most skilled wargamers. From the lush and forested bocage and fortified beaches of Northern France where tank is king, to tight urban environs where infantry units can rule all, Tank Battle: Normandy requires the player to be at the top of their game!
Enjoy Airborne Landings, bridge-laying tanks, mine-clearing tanks, bunker assaulting AVRE's, Fireflies and Kangaroo’s. Typical mission objectives include; escorting units, holding positions, capturing points, repairing units and, the ever-popular, destroy the enemy army.
The game system represents a major upgrade of the already successful engine used throughout the Tank Battle series and enjoys a number of new features and refinements.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition World War II era graphics.
● 39 Missions to play through, including 4 large-scale beach invasions.
● Play as the British in the 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ tutorial campaign introducing off-screen bombardment and landing craft. Includes a full-scale mission.
● Play as the Americans in the 4 Mission ‘Invasion’ Campaign.
● Play as the British in the 6 Mission ‘Assault’ Campaign.
● Play as the Germans in the 5 Mission ‘Counterattack’ Campaign.
● Play as the Americans in the 8 Mission 'Breakout' Campaign, .
● Play as the British in the 8 Mission 'Pursuit' Campaign.
● Over 100 unique units!
● Specialist D-Day 'Funnies' units including: Churchill Bridgelayer, M4 Sherman Crab minesweepers, M4 Sherman DD floating tanks, ● LCT and LCVP landing crafts.
● New defensive German units including: bunkers and gun emplacements.
● High Definition grassland and beach terrains.
● Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Other Game Features; detailed combat analysis, flank attacks, strategic movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles, multi-level hills, minesweepers, bridge-laying.
● Hours of game play.
● Map zoom.
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Update: Some German transport vehicles to Sd.Kfz 7's.
Update: The play balance in the 'Surrounded' mission.
Ratings and Reviews
Kind of disappointed. I love Hexwar and love these type of games so that is not the issue. The issue is that there are certain scenarios that are buggy and apparently not achievable. After lots of frustration I pulled up the Hexwar website only to find the exact same complaints. I guess maybe some of the problems have been fixed with other releases but the Mac is once again the stepchild so because you can’t complete one Mission you are denied the opportunity to play at least 6 others. I just can’t imagine being in a profession where I put something out there with an error and continue to ask the public to buy it. It either needs to be fixed or pulled. Welcome to the Kobayashi Maru of World War II games…..
QUICK AND EASY
Fun, short games for the most part, HIGHLY abstract game play and scale - obviously nonsensical - but the visuals and sound effects make it fun once again to play toy soldiers as an adult. Some scenarios obviously weren't tested well but this is a minor complaint.
I have most of the hex war games from the app store. I find this to be one of the best. WHY? it has larger scale battles than the other games. It moves quickly. it has great difficulty variety. Its what hexwar games should be. EXCELLENT!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 301.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.