Tank Battle: North Africa 12+
HexWar Games Ltd
Sequel to the hugely popular strategy game Tank Battle: 1944! Take command as the British Commonwealth and U.S. forces fight the Germans in the North African theatre and lead your battalion to victory in challenging tactical battles.
Fight for control of North Africa during WWII. Utilize new mechanics, such as flanking, 'move and shoot', troop transports and veteran units. With 36 unit types Tank Battle: North Africa is an epic strategy game including detailed battles that will keep you coming back for more!
New for OSX! With new features such as iCloud save support, combat analysis, strategic movement and engine upgrades.
Key Game Features:
● 5 Mission First Strike Tutorial Campaign.
● 8 Mission Invasion British Campaign.
● 8 Mission Hope and Glory British Campaign.
● 8 Mission Stars and Stripes American Campaign.
● 8 Mission Lightning War! German Campaign.
● 8 Mission Sledgehammer! British Campaign.
● 8 Mission Resurrection German Campaign.
● 8 Mission Allied Storm American Campaign.
● 8 Mission Road to Victory British Campaign.
● 36 Unit Types including:
- M3 light and Medium tanks
- British Crusader II and III
- British 2pdr anti-tank gun and 2pdr Portee
- Jeeps and LRDG trucks with 0.5" MG
- American Bazooka Team
- German Panzer I, II, IIIJ and IVf1 and IVf2
● Features British, American and German forces.
● Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks.
● High Definition World War II Graphics.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● 6 Pass & Play Multiplayer Scenarios.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/tankbattlenorthafrica
Follow us on Twitter - @TankBattleNA
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/games
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2014 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Change: Play balance in the 'Aces Hight' mission.
Change: Play balance in the 'Longstop Hill' mission.
Update: Some German transport vehicles to Sd.Kfz 7's.
Ratings and Reviews
I've played this and other hex wars WW2 tank games for 5 years on iPad and and recently on iMac. Much more fun on iMac. It's a very playable game, best for tank on tank scenarios. Concealed or fortified infantry and anti-tank guns are too easy to spot and kill from long range. Doesn't keep me from playing, though!
Some good scenarios, other don't work
Many scenarios not play tested. Taking Control, for example. Allied tanks outnumbered 3-1? Kinda dumb. Most other scenarios are too easy.
Update in late 2018 ruined it
This was a very nice little game that could be played solo or with another online gamer until the late 2018 update. For some reason the game writers decided that tanks cannot cross a barbed wire fence. (Hint a truck can do that.) They basically ended the playability of the game and made it useless after this faux pas. I hope they game writers will come out to a farm or a ranch or a battlefield from WW 1 or WW2 and look at the real stuff. World War II wasn’t the Napoleonic Wars.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 174.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.