Tank Timer is a tool for pilots who want to monitor fuel consumption during flight. Supports two tanks.
Be sure to follow @FuelTankTimer on Twitter for announcements about features and upcoming versions!
Tank Timer features:
1) airplane profiles that you can create for each airplane you fly
2) separate burn rates for each phase of flight
3) automatic burn rate selection via GPS
4) highly visual representations of your fuel situation
5) notifications when it's time to switch tanks even when you are running other applications
6) view your route of flight on a map
7) export your route for viewing in 3D on your computer
!!! PLEASE READ !!!
NOTIFICATIONS: Be sure to change the notification style for this app to "Alerts" so that you don't miss them! Here's how:
1) Open up the "Settings" app on the IPhone
2) Click on "Notifications"
3) Find "Tank Timer" in the list of applications and click on it
4) Change the alert style to "Alerts"
In iOS 5 and later, Apple change the default notification style to "Banners" for apps, and these are VERY easy to miss! With something as critical as a fuel tank reminder, you do NOT want to miss them!
VIEW TRIPS ON A MAP
Click the "View Trips" button to see past trips that you have taken (it will only show trips recorded since installing v1.0.3). Tap on the trip to view it on a map. Click the "Export" button on the map screen to email a KML file to yourself, which can then be viewed in 3D in a desktop mapping application.
Please send support and feature requests to email@example.com.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOTE: We sincerely apologize for the frustration the previous release caused. We believe we have resolved the issues with iOS 11. Thanks for your continued use of the product, and for the suggestions for improving it. Safe flying!
* iPhone X and iOS 11 support
* Option to hide "Both" tank in aircraft profile screen. Hiding the "Both" option will allow you to switch directly to the other tank without having to choose the tank.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, could use some minor improvements
Love the app. Works really well and the auto switching based on gps is awesome! Id love to be able to just tap the tank to switch and remove the option for “both” as a setting. Also supporting the iOS 11 multitasking with the ability for it to run over apps would be great to quickly access the app without completely getting out of my EFB.
Excellent app, especially the automatic mode that uses GPS to determine the phase of flight and hence the current fuel flow.
That said, there are still a few features I'd like to see. (I'd ask for these via email to the developer, but the link to app support is dead.)
Here they are, in order of precedence.
1. The ability to change the fuel consumption rate for any phase of flight on the fly; current you can't change the values locked in by the aircraft profile in use.
2. A display of total time and total fuel remaining.
3. Better visual emphasis of tank in use. (The current thin blue border easy to miss.)
4. If you inadvertently try to switch to the tank currently in use, the app should recognize that and stop you (or remove the current tank from the drop down of tanks to select), instead of treating it like a normal tank switch and resetting the timer for that tank.
Again, super app and much better than other tank timers I've used.
Awesome app! GPS automatically switches GPH
I have tried several apps as well timers and found this app by far better than any other. It may not be as snazzy as some but it works extremely well. Two of the features that I found beneficial are, #1 The GPH automatically switches from a rate that you set for the burn rate for taxi, then automatically switches to a rate that your u set for climb out, then when you transition into cruise the burn rate changes to what you set as the GPH for cruise. All of this happens automatically. #2 when switch tanks in the app, it reminds you to actually switch the tank valve.
Contrary to other reviews, the app has never crashed and has functioned flawlessly.
I am enthused to use this app in my airplane.
- WillisWare Development, Inc.
- 18.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 WillisWare Development, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.