Tank Timer is a tool for pilots who want to monitor fuel consumption during flight. Supports two tanks.
Be sure to follow @FuelTankTimer on Twitter for announcements about features and upcoming versions!
Tank Timer features:
1) airplane profiles that you can create for each airplane you fly
2) separate burn rates for each phase of flight
3) automatic burn rate selection via GPS
4) highly visual representations of your fuel situation
5) notifications when it's time to switch tanks even when you are running other applications
6) view your route of flight on a map
7) export your route for viewing in 3D on your computer
!!! PLEASE READ !!!
NOTIFICATIONS: Be sure to change the notification style for this app to "Alerts" so that you don't miss them! Here's how:
1) Open up the "Settings" app on the IPhone
2) Click on "Notifications"
3) Find "Tank Timer" in the list of applications and click on it
4) Change the alert style to "Alerts"
In iOS 5 and later, Apple change the default notification style to "Banners" for apps, and these are VERY easy to miss! With something as critical as a fuel tank reminder, you do NOT want to miss them!
VIEW TRIPS ON A MAP
Click the "View Trips" button to see past trips that you have taken (it will only show trips recorded since installing v1.0.3). Tap on the trip to view it on a map. Click the "Export" button on the map screen to email a KML file to yourself, which can then be viewed in 3D in a desktop mapping application.
Please send support and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Fixed issue with not being able to start timer
* Updated support for iOS 13
* Fixed crash when profile was deleted
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, could use some minor improvements
Love the app. Works really well and the auto switching based on gps is awesome! Id love to be able to just tap the tank to switch and remove the option for “both” as a setting. Also supporting the iOS 11 multitasking with the ability for it to run over apps would be great to quickly access the app without completely getting out of my EFB.
Excellent app, especially the automatic mode that uses GPS to determine the phase of flight and hence the current fuel flow.
That said, there are still a few features I'd like to see. (I'd ask for these via email to the developer, but the link to app support is dead.)
Here they are, in order of precedence.
1. The ability to change the fuel consumption rate for any phase of flight on the fly; current you can't change the values locked in by the aircraft profile in use.
2. A display of total time and total fuel remaining.
3. Better visual emphasis of tank in use. (The current thin blue border easy to miss.)
4. If you inadvertently try to switch to the tank currently in use, the app should recognize that and stop you (or remove the current tank from the drop down of tanks to select), instead of treating it like a normal tank switch and resetting the timer for that tank.
Again, super app and much better than other tank timers I've used.
2 tanks max!
Seems useful but only supports up to 2 tanks. I have 4 and the app does not allow adding additional tanks. Shame as it seems to have nice features.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- WillisWare Development, Inc.
- 21 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WillisWare Development, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.