Tantrum Tracker was designed to make tracking tantrums and outbursts for children on the autism spectrum, children with ADD or ADHD (or any child with behavior control issues) easy, through a logical work flow and organization of "tantrum" data, photo and video media, and visual representation of data via charts and graphs.
Parents, doctors, teachers, assistants, specialists, behaviorists or advocates may use the app to gain a better understanding of: the possible causes of a child's tantrums, the severity of tantrums, the type of behavior, the response taken, what mitigated them, what resolved them, specific locations that precipitated tantrums, and the locations and precipitators of tantrums by levels of severity. Record or import photos and videos to create a visual record of tantrums or their aftermath.
An overview of the features provided by the app are:
- Track multiple individuals, or import them from your Contacts list, and track their tantrums on an incident by incident basis through visual selection of simple information points.
- Track the locations of tantrums, the types of behavior, the causes (precipitators), responses taken, what mitigated the tantrums and the resolutions of an incident.
- Track daily gluten, casein and medication details.
- Add and remove your own user defined categories for behaviors, locations, precipitators, mitigators, responses and resolutions.
- Record videos (up to 10 minutes), or take photos, for each tantrum incident, or its aftermath, from within the app or import existing photos or videos from your Photo Library. The photos or videos are tracked along with the tantrum data and made available through a media gallery for viewing and playback on your device.
- Multiple ways to view your data, either in a calendar view or in a table view.
- Provides a full "notes" system, which is available for providing text annotations (up to 25,000 characters) on tantrum incidents, or for general notes and observations related to the individual.
- Both media and notes data may be shared through e-mail, and photos and videos may be exported to your Photo Library.
- Statistics for any individual may be viewed through a visual charting/graphing interface right on your device.
- Export tantrum data as a CSV (comma separated values) file. Data is made available for download to your computer through iTunes for import into a any spreadsheet application where it may be viewed through more detailed charts and templates.
- Built in documentation, for help while off-line.
- Internationalized for most English speaking countries.
Fixed some issues in the Credits with opening links.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but one change needed
I just started using this app a week ago after my son’s play therapist requested we document the tantrums and meltdowns. We have already seen a pattern of what causes his behavior because of this app and now his entire therapy team can better approach the behavior. His play therapist is also going to recommend the app to other parents.
My only issue with the app is the inability to add multiple behaviors and responses for a single episode as my son can sometimes take 2-3 hours with numerous attempts at mitigating the behavior before he finally calms down. I work around this by adding the extra info in the notes section but it would be great to be able to check more than one in the list and would save time. I would give this app 5 stars if they made that update.
Helpful for our child with AS
We started using this app recently to keep track of our son's tantrums. It has been useful in documenting them for his doctors. We can attach video or photos to each tantrum entry. The one change we would like to see in an update is the ability to enter longer notes--the current character limit is too restrictive.
I just started to use this tracker to track my daughter’s gluten intake and her behavior. What’s great is during the first day of entering in information from the last few weeks, I came across a couple glitches. I emailed support and there was an update fixing both of them the very next day! Communication has been great and I’m back to tracking my daughter’s information. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.