Tantrum Tracker was designed to make tracking tantrums and outbursts for children on the autism spectrum, children with ADD or ADHD (or any child with behavior control issues) easy, through a logical work flow and organization of "tantrum" data, photo and video media, and visual representation of data via charts and graphs.
Parents, doctors, teachers, assistants, specialists, behaviorists or advocates may use the app to gain a better understanding of: the possible causes of a child's tantrums, the severity of tantrums, the type of behavior, the response taken, what mitigated them, what resolved them, specific locations that precipitated tantrums, and the locations and precipitators of tantrums by levels of severity. Record or import photos and videos to create a visual record of tantrums or their aftermath.
An overview of the features provided by the app are:
- Track multiple individuals, or import them from your Contacts list, and track their tantrums on an incident by incident basis through visual selection of simple information points.
- Track the locations of tantrums, the types of behavior, the causes (precipitators), responses taken, what mitigated the tantrums and the resolutions of an incident.
- Track daily gluten, casein and medication details.
- Add and remove your own user defined categories for behaviors, locations, precipitators, mitigators, responses and resolutions.
- Record videos (up to 10 minutes), or take photos, for each tantrum incident, or its aftermath, from within the app or import existing photos or videos from your Photo Library. The photos or videos are tracked along with the tantrum data and made available through a media gallery for viewing and playback on your device.
- Multiple ways to view your data, either in a calendar view or in a table view.
- Provides a full "notes" system, which is available for providing text annotations (up to 25,000 characters) on tantrum incidents, or for general notes and observations related to the individual.
- Both media and notes data may be shared through e-mail, and photos and videos may be exported to your Photo Library.
- Statistics for any individual may be viewed through a visual charting/graphing interface right on your device.
- Export tantrum data as a CSV (comma separated values) file. Data is made available for download to your computer through iTunes for import into a any spreadsheet application where it may be viewed through more detailed charts and templates.
- Built in documentation, for help while off-line.
- Internationalized for most English speaking countries.
Fixed the Calendar View issue that was cutting off the health icons and tantrum badge count for days on the screen margins.
Fixed the Calendar View issue that was not showing the location in the table.
Fixed the Add Child issue where additional child entries weren't showing up until app relaunch.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has been instrumental in tracking behavior at school and home to help us find patterns. It is also a terrific documentation tool to cover our bases and knowing where all information is at any point in time. I’m so grateful the notes section is longer as is the video portion. Now I just need to be more consistent in adding all fits!
This application has been a great tool for understanding and mapping out my relative's childs behavior. It's provided us with insights behavior patterns we normally would not have realized without it. Great app!
This app is amazing for parents and professionals alike!!!
This app is amazing for tracking your child's progress. This app will also make the documentation process fast, and easy!!! I have found it most useful for planning my sons diet as well as being able to better communicate to his therapists what has occurred at times when they were not present. Professionals will find it useful to track a day and be able to communicate with parents!!! Great app looking forward to more from this developer!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.