The #1 track exercise app in the App Store! Now compatible with iOS 10 and the latest iPhones and iPads (the previous version was built for iOS 3 believe it or not)!
This app is perfect for anyone who would like to run, jog, or walk on any size track for any distance. By tapping to increment your laps it makes it so you don't have to remember what lap you are on and possibly forget or skip a lap! It is especially valuable indoors when you cannot use GPS but still want all of your statistical exercise information. During your exercise the dashboard will display your:
* Lap Pace
* Lap Time (real-time, accurate to tenths of a second)
* Lap Speed
* Laps Completed
* Laps Left
* Average Pace
* Average Lap Time (accurate to tenths of a second)
* Average Speed
* Miles Completed
* Miles Left
* Elapsed Time (real-time)
* Remaining Time (at your current average pace)
* Predicted Time (to complete your run at your current average pace)
* Calories Burnt
* Now integrated with RunKeeper, Facebook, and Twitter!
* Totally reworked and polished user interface with retina graphics!
* Added settings page to easily control all your options in one location.
* Completely customizable Dashboard to show you only the stats you want.
* Added user requested "double tap" to increment your laps option.
* Added the ability to remove a lap accidentally incremented by holding a tap for 2 seconds!
Tap-A-Lap also has the following features (some of which are essential for a track exercise app!):
* Voice audio cues for fast and slow intervals during your exercise (set your intervals by tapping on the clock on the home screen).
* Voice audio cues for starting, pausing, resuming, and completing your run.
* Because it doesn't rely on GPS, it uses significantly less battery life than its GPS cousins. This also makes it perfect for ipod touches that don't have GPS.
* The ability to put in exact mileage and track size, down to hundredths of a mile. The app will calculate to the closest lap the number of laps you will need to run to achieve your desired mileage.
* Just leave mileage blank to exercise by time only and Tap-A-Lap will keep track of how far you have gone.
* All of your statistics are accurate to several decimal places.
* Email the results of each run to yourself and your trainer and input your results manually into Runkeeper.
* Fullscreen button! While the screen shows a button you can tap, for frequent runners it is nice to be able to just slap the screen wherever and have it increment your lap.
* KM or MILES units for international compatibility.
* 90 or 180 beats per minute pacer (for one or both feet) to help you achieve your most efficient running pace.
* Vibration on lap tap so you know that you have incremented your lap count.
* Audible soft "ding" on lap tap so you know that you have incremented your lap count.
* Pause feature that blacks out the screen and pauses all your statistical information until you resume your exercise.
* Stop feature that will immediately end and complete your exercise.
* Disabled lap for 10 seconds after each lap so as to protect from accidentally incrementing the lap.
* Disabled idle screen lock to keep your run uninterrupted.
* Sounds and UI are threaded to produce the smoothest app flow possible.
After your run is completed Tap-A-Lap then provides your individual lap-by-lap mileage, average pace, and lap pace info for detailed results that will help you find the weak spots in your running technique and pace.
* You can then easily post your results directly to Runkeeper, Facebook, and Twitter.
* You can also email your results and a screenshot of your final statistics to yourself and your trainer.
Thanks for checking out Tap-A-Lap, I will love to hear your feedback and read your reviews!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fully updated for iOS 10 and the latest iPhones!
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Wish For Lock-screen access
I used it for the first time yesterday, and I really like the app!!! I just wish I could have it on my lock-screen so that I don’t have to keep unlocking my phone. Another suggestion would be to let me just double-tap my phone and have it notice the vibration without having my phone in my hand.
Great app missing a few things
I have been using the app for several months, but as the season have changed and i am running again on the track i have a few requests.
1. Invert the layout. I hold the phone upside down so that Go/Lap button is right by my thump as i run. Please add an inverted layout option.
2. When the activity is finished it doesn’t import the laps and detailed information from the run that should be. I don’t know if this is a bug or API limitation but it would be great to see the lap details.
3. I have a Mio Alpha and really like the info it gives when you run outside and would like to see that heart rate info added within tap a lap or run keeper for each activity.
Great with Runkeeper but manual email
I love this app. Unlike other users I keep my phone unlocked throughout my runs. Perhaps that is why I've never seen dropped laps. It's worked flawlessly at tracking and syncing with Runkeeper for months - 2 of the most important parts for me. The only complaints (and thus 4 stars. Are that the end data doesn't give time of each lap in seconds so I put the data into Excel to further analyze it, and since the built in email function does nothing I have to click on the data, select copy all, and paste into a new email for myself manually after every run. All in all well worth the buck and does most of what I want all by itself.
The developer, Brock Haymond, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Brock Haymond
- 4.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2012 Brock Haymond
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.