Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details.
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Fixed a crash when printing PDF images on a custom layout.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Ratings and Reviews
Wait, I haven’t written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it’s only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. i was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I’ve been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords. And behind all the great design and funtionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner in one. Over the years, I’ve come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he’s always been there, always in a timely manner. I’m not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn’t get any better than that.
I just realized that I’m reviewing this on the Mac App Store, so that would be a review of the Mac based version of TapForms, and I do have that as well, but my review above was talking about the phone app, sorry bout that if any of you got confused. The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use.
Fun and easy to use -- but powerful
I don’t know why it took me so long to discover this database program! I’ve been using a Mac since the late 1980’s and have successively used HyperCard, Panorama, Bento, and most recently FileMaker for my personal database needs. I enjoy using database programs, but for my needs FileMaker was just too much work and expense. So I’ve been using Tap Forms now for about two months and the more I use it the better I like it. It has a short learning curve, excellent online user manual, and outstanding developer support. It runs perfectly on Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur. It easily and accurately imported my FileMaker data files. The two things I especially like about Tap Forms are first, I’ve found it very easy to make changes in how I catalog my information in the database over time. So, it’s surprisingly flexible for people like me who may not have planned their database structure perfectly from the start. Second is that it syncs my data quickly and flawlessly among all my devices through iCloud – no glitches. It’s actually now one of my favorite programs. It’s fun and easy to use (but powerful), and JUST WORKS. A big thank-you to the developer, Tap Zapp Software, for a great database program!
What a Perfect personal/professional DB app!
After a very thorough "scoping survey" of just about every Mac database app, product, and service out there (and after countless free trials), I concluded that Tap Forms 5 is in the exact sweet spot for ease of use, functionality, and features. I'm an academic physician doing research in diagnostic reasoning (among other things), and my first micro-project was to create a master table of cross-referenced cognitive biases (those important and specific to clinical reasoning). Piece of cake! I loaded it up with a partial CSV file (flawlessly imported and mapped to the correct fields), whipped together a fast-entry layout in well under an hour, and topped the table off with new entries. Then I sync'ed the DB across all my Macs and IoS devices with a single click. This was my "canary in a coal mine" for every product I tested - and Tap Forms was the breakaway winner.
And the support and development is first-rate. Brendan is very helpful and responsive - he answered my initial questions within a business day. And it sures looks as though he's in this for the long haul. This app has been around for years, and just keeps getting better. This is the one, folks.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 26.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.