Tap Forms 5 is the digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with Scripting and Siri Shortcuts support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch (Mac app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the more than 30 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
• Capture your way: Snap a picture, type or scribble some text, record an audio note, scan a barcode — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password or a Touch ID scan, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. One-tap exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Siri Shortcuts let you record a voice command to execute any Form script.
• Multi-column (table) view of your records.
• AirDrop records to your nearby contacts.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Saved search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Built-in Backup & Restore
• 1Password Extension integration for logging into your Cloudant sync account.
• Document Picker support for accessing iCloud and other document service providers.
• Pick lists for quick data entry
• AES-256 bit encryption
• Import & Export standard CSV files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print record details
• Lightning fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Notify you of things that need your attention using alerts
• Barcode scanning of UPC/EAN and QR codes (iOS only)
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
Includes more than 30 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
Fixed an issue with the Add to Calendar and Add to Reminders buttons not appearing on the Date & Time field entry screen on iOS 17.
The date and time picker buttons on the Date & Time field entry screen should no longer hide when tapping onto other fields.
Ratings and Reviews
Wait, I haven't written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it's only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. I was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I've been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords.
Behind all the great design and functionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner all in one. Over the years, I've come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he's always been there, always in a timely manner. I'm not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn't get any better than that.
The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use. In the era of online protection, TapForms holds its own against the best of them.
The most useful app on my phone!
I moved over to TAP firms when Apple stopped supporting Bento. I’ve been keeping tack of my craft supplies since the Palm Pilot days. I was able to easily import the data from Bento into TAP forms, and I’ve been using it ever since- on my laptop, iPad and of course, my iPhone. I have every stamp set, die cut set, Copic market, craft idea book, sewing pattern and all my crafts cataloged so I always know what I have to avoid duplicate purchases. Since I also have pictures of each item, I can quickly scroll through and find a particular item quickly. Most recently, after cleaning out my closet during COVID, I started logging my wardrobe so when I am able to go out shopping again (or shopping online from my couch), I’ll know exactly what I have on hand and what size it is. Again, since I added pictures, I can quickly pull together outfits. I was trying to use Stylebook for this, but TAP forms is easier since I already know how to use it plus this app is regularly updated unlike other apps for tracking your wardrobe.
Excellent Personal Database
This is an exceptional software package. I previously used FileMaker’s Bento product, which was discontinued, and for context I use MySQL and MongoDB in enterprise applications. I love having a lightweight database on my computer (and now my iPad too). Tap Forms picked up where Bento left off and added impressive capabilities.
Its utility to import my Bento databases worked flawlessly; it took some work to prep the Bento files but no work after the import. My databases now sync with my teammate, providing great utility to my workflow. I did have a problem setting up IBM Cloudant (the service changed and Tap Forms did not work with it). Their customer support was extremely responsive. Within one day, they provided a workaround solution setting up my Cloudant service as a CouchDB. The workaround worked flawlessly.
If a lightweight desktop would benefit your lifestyle or workflow, particularly if you want to share that database through the cloud, I cannot recommend this product too enthusiastically.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 48.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Tap Zapp Software Inc
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.