Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details.
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Fixed a crash when switching a Pick List's values source from a Form/Field to a List of provided values, then editing a value.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Ratings and Reviews
Wait, I haven’t written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it’s only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. i was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I’ve been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords. And behind all the great design and funtionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner in one. Over the years, I’ve come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he’s always been there, always in a timely manner. I’m not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn’t get any better than that.
I just realized that I’m reviewing this on the Mac App Store, so that would be a review of the Mac based version of TapForms, and I do have that as well, but my review above was talking about the phone app, sorry bout that if any of you got confused. The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use.
Fun and easy to use -- but powerful
I don’t know why it took me so long to discover this database program! I’ve been using a Mac since the late 1980’s and have successively used HyperCard, Panorama, Bento, and most recently FileMaker for my personal database needs. I enjoy using database programs, but for my needs FileMaker was just too much work and expense. So I’ve been using Tap Forms now for about two months and the more I use it the better I like it. It has a short learning curve, excellent online user manual, and outstanding developer support. It runs perfectly on Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur. It easily and accurately imported my FileMaker data files. The two things I especially like about Tap Forms are first, I’ve found it very easy to make changes in how I catalog my information in the database over time. So, it’s surprisingly flexible for people like me who may not have planned their database structure perfectly from the start. Second is that it syncs my data quickly and flawlessly among all my devices through iCloud – no glitches. It’s actually now one of my favorite programs. It’s fun and easy to use (but powerful), and JUST WORKS. A big thank-you to the developer, Tap Zapp Software, for a great database program!
so far not so good
I just bought this today. There are supposed to be 33 built in forms. I can find ZERO. I have tried to play the training videos. They never load. I have tried to import my contacts, I cannot. I am supposed to be able to link forms, I cannot figure out how. I have used MS Access very successfully. I was able to teach the Apple Store trainers how to use Bento and connect forms in ways they truly did not know were possible. For years I have searched for a Bento replacement without having to buy FileMaker for several $100’s. This should be easier and there should be usable directions. If I cannot make this work in a reasonable amount of time and effort, I will be requesting a refund for both the iPhone app and the Mac app.
Update: after about an hour of searching I found the 33 built in forms. However, I cannot move them to the folders I want them in. I do not want to mix personal and business. Still cannot figure out how to import contacts, or link databases. So frustrated. I have downloaded the FileMaker Pro free trial. I wish I had not downloaded this paid version from the Apple App store, as there is a free trial version on the Tap Forms website. Try it before you buy it. It is not as easy and flexible as implied so far. If I were completely new to databases that would be one thing, but I have enough experience to understand how they “should” work in general.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for purchasing Tap Forms 5. For anyone else concerned about the 33 built-in forms, they're in the Sample Forms document that is automatically installed when you launch Tap Forms 5.
There is a Contact field type you can add to your form to reference contacts from the Apple Contacts database. In Tap Forms 5.2 (coming soon), I've added an Import Contacts function to import them all in one go. But for now just add a Contact field type to reference individual contacts.
For linking forms together, add a Link to Form field to your form. See the chapter on "Relationships" in the online user manual, which you can view from the Help menu.
The video screencasts are just on my Vimeo website so should load into any web browser, such as Safari. You can access them from under the Help menu.
If you would like further help, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my support form on my website by clicking the Forums button there. - Brendan.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 24.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.