TapVenice is the iPhone edition of Venice Osterie by Michela Scibilia. For the past 20 years, Michela’s handbook, now in its sixth edition, has been Venetians’ favourite guide to eating out in their own city.
The guide contains only restaurants personally selected by Michela, who has lived in Venice for more than 30 years. What you won’t find in TapVenice is paid advertisements or sponsored recommendations. TapVenice does not require an internet connection. Maps can be consulted offline.
- individual restaurant profiles with key information: closing days, telephone numbers and opening hours.
- a description of each eatery, with price band.
- restaurants, wine bars, specialist food stores, pastry shops, farm outlets, bars and chocolate shops.
- a multiple-choice search function: Perhaps you are in Venice with children and you want an affordable fish meal? Or you want to book dinner somewhere romantic on a Monday when lots of Venetian restaurants are closed? Search will find the places that match your requirements from the 202 featured eateries.
- eatery selection by category, by tag – “good wines”, “scenic view”, “children tolerated”, “open till late”, “upmarket”, “informal”, “outside tables” – or by time of day: breakfast, midday meal, aperitif, evening meal, snack, pizza, after dinner and takeaway.
- an illustrated glossary to help you identify typical products and try out new tastes.
- included are 30 eateries around Venice on other islands in the lagoon and on the mainland.
- a feedback button so you can send your opinion to Michela. She might even be at the table next to yours.
The application contains the Italian version and English.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- added 70 restaurants
- minor bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
Comprehensive enough to cover smaller and more out-of-the-way restaurants and delis like Orient Experience, a real find. I’ve used it twice in Venice and it’s been very useful (and it works find on my iPad Mini 2, by the way). The layout of the pages is not good with the text description shoved into a tiny scrolling box at the bottom of the screen and the search feature could use work. But the actual restaurant list and editorial content is solid, so four stars.
It's great that there is now a strictly restaurant guide for Venice that's also accessible to anyone with a mobile. My only complaint is that I wish there were directions or more thorough address information for all those great restaurants!
Must-have app for all Venice lovers!
Michela Scibilia's book, "Venice Osterie: Bars, Wine Bars & Trattorias" has always been the first & most important thing I pack when traveling to La Serenissima. Michela is a treasure trove of all that's current, new & fabulous in Venice. Now all of that honest, current & useful information is available at my fingertips wherever I am in the world! This app is easy to navigate, fun to use & it's like having your best friend - who happens to be a local - personally guiding you around the most beautiful city in the world! If only I lived in Venice full-time so that I would need this app everday. However, I love browsing through the app and daydreaming about my future meals in my favorite city in the world.
The developer, Teodolinda Venezia, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michela Scilbilia
- 40.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Michela Scibilia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.