TapGlance is a powerful and intuitive interior design app. Within minutes and without any prior experience, you can create photo-realistic images of just about any interior design project you have in mind.
See TapGlance in action - https://vimeo.com/120228505
Drag and drop furniture, fixtures and appliances into your plan – more than 2000 items and materials are included with the app for free. Test material combinations using over a thousand included materials, or import your own seamless textures or camera photos.
NEW - You can now import 3D models into TapGlance directly from websites like 3DWarehouse and SketchFab. Hundreds of thousands of models are now at your disposal. A subscription to the advanced or professional plan is required to import 3D models.
You can design your plan using three different modes:
• The layout mode, where you add, remove, shape, and arrange entire rooms.
• The 2D mode, where you furnish the plan from a two-dimensional top vi
• The 3D mode, where you can walk through the plan in three-dimensional perspective, decorate it using a wide variety of furniture, fixtures and appliances, and apply materials to walls, floors and object
When your 3D scene is ready, tap a button and bring it to life using our cutting edge cloud render technology. The images produced by TapGlance are so real, most people will not be able to tell they were designed on a tablet device. In many cases, the results will far exceed even professional 3D applications, with little or no effort on your side.
NOTE - Cloud renders are performed on a dedicated high-end server farm and require an active subscription plan.
TapGlance is based on our award winning “Interior Design for iPad” app. With hundreds of thousands of users, and the distinction of being one of TIME magazine’s top 50 best apps in the world, we were compelled to push the boundaries and create this next generation interior design experience. It offers more than 75 new features and improvements as well as the revolutionary cloud render technology.
Features & Highlights:
Cloud Render (3D) - Combining cutting edge technology with hundreds of dedicated servers, TapGlance can transform your 3D scene into a photo-realistic image. The cloud render service uses real world lighting system, taking into account the environment you choose and the artificial light sources you place in your scene.
Direct Object Manipulation (2D, 3D) - Quickly move, rotate and scale any object in the scene using real-time transform handles. Easily change door and window locations by dragging them around, in 2D or 3D mode.
Stairwells (2D,3D) - Drag a staircase to a plan and TapGlance can automatically create the stairwell and build the correct railing. You can, of course, do these manually if you wish.
Cameras (3D) - TapGlance supports an unlimited number of cameras, so you can quickly and easily move between saved views of your plan and render from the same vantage point every time.
TapGlance offers auto-renewal subscription. The app itself and its content is completely free, while renders and a few professional features like 4K renders and custom logo require a subscription which auto-renews every 30 days unless cancelled.
Please read the following about the auto-renewable nature of subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews at the end of your current subscription period unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours prior to end of the current period.
• You can manage or turn off auto-renewal in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This is a major update for TapGlance, please read carefully.
• We have drastically lowered the prices on all subscription plans. Most plans are now 50% off. Happy rendering!
• New Doodle Mode! You can now draw an entire floorplan with your finger. Doodle away rooms, nooks, closets and halls. To use doodle mode, go to the layout screen, tap the doodle button to enter doodle mode and draw any closed shape.
• Improved wall snap - walls that are mostly overlap will now snap together, helping avoid double walls and walls with flipped interior/exterior textures.
• In order to continue support for the TapGlance line, we have implemented non-intrusive google ads in the free version. Subscribing to any plan will hide the ads as long as the subscription is active. If you have purchased the app before November 2017 (when the app was a paid app), you should not see any ads and can ignore this item.
• New buttons for inputting walls dimensions, including in the center of each room, which allows you to quickly set the dimensions of the entire room.
• New design for the subscription manager and plan.
• New kitchen cabinet models.
• Fixed plans import from Files and other apps.
• Tweaks and improvements for models import.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but needs more interior options
This app is great! I use it whenever I do any interior decorating. The ability to import your own photos and pick your own colors gives you the opportunity to really be creative and test different ideas out. The downfalls to this app are that the interior decor options can be limited. I wish there were more furniture options and designs and more misc. decor items. Also, although the color pick option is great, the colors often look different when I actually place them on a wall. All in all, its still a great app.
Hate the new update and paid for renders and previews not fulfilled
I have been using the app for a while and really liked it for quick design renders that do not need detail accuracy or a layout plan. I am really disappointed with some of the new changes. In their effort to address double wall issues when users misalign room walls by forcing rooms to snap tight to another room, I now can not create rooms with geometry outside of right or 45 degree angles. Changing room sizes after they have been connected means a room that I have already adjusted to the right dimensions are changed dynamically when I make changes to another room. It is so frustrating that I ended my subscription. To top it off, the previews and the renders I had accumulated and paid for have been removed once my subscription ended. Their free renders perk works outside of their subscription model and seems to have no issues keeping track of previews and renders when not part of their active subscriptions, so why would is it an issue to maintain the renders and previews I have already paid and allow me to use them up. I would even accept a grace period but just taking them away definitely does not make me more open to try them again if they make future changes that address the above.
Love this app for home design!
Tapglance, while not a "complete" architectural design solution, is great for developing floor plans, choosing flooring and colors, and playing around with furniture placement. It's an awesome tool for kitchen/bathroom design. We're building a new house and Tapglance makes it easy to create and visualize the different floor plans that we're interested in.
What you can do:
- create a multi floor home and layout rooms any way you want
- delete walls to create "open" floor plans
- copy your plans to try out and save different options
- add furniture, appliances, cabinets
- change materials on any feature of any object in your design (floors, walls, doors, windows, furniture, appliances, cabinets)
- add decorations like vases, flowers, and pictures on the wall with photos from your photo library
- save screenshots of the various views available of your floor plans
- view your floor plans in 3d mode & walk through your home
What you can't do:
- can't design or visualize the roof
- no framing, electrical, plumbing design
- no true architectural plan output
- no landscaping
But, that said, Tapglance is very powerful and easy to use. We're meeting with the builder next week and plan on showing him our Tapglance plans. Can't wait!
- Black Mana Studios
- 1.6 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Black Mana Studios USA
- In-App Purchases
- Standard $4.99
- Advanced $29.99
- Enthusiast $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.