TapTapSee - powered by CloudSight.ai Image Recognition API
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their everyday lives.
Simply tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture. TapTapSee can photograph any two or three-dimensional object at any angle and speak the identification back to the user (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps blind and visually impaired users become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community:
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Picture recognition
* Ability to repeat the last identification
* Upload pictures from the camera roll
* Save pictures to the camera roll with attached definition
* Share results via text, email, or social media
* Rotor reader
* Barcode and QR code reader
* Auto-focus notification
* Flash toggle
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
FOLLOW on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CloudSight, Inc. is a Los Angeles-based tech company that specializes in image captioning and understanding. CloudSight delivers the most superior and state-of-the-art solution to people and companies around the world.
- Fixed a bug resulting in improper sizing of the camera preview on some devices
Ratings and Reviews
Has helped me many times
It usually takes a while, and many tries, to get a good picture, but it has come through for me on countless occasions.
I would give it five stars if they would make it repeat more than just the last picture taken, because sometimes you take a picture, and while you’re waiting you take another one, and the second one comes in far faster than the first so that you missed what the first one was, but the repeat only does the second. That, or they could just list the history of the last five pictures taken or whatever on the screen in text form.
Great app Tap Tap See for the blind
I think this is a pretty good app for a blind user to have to use for a lot of identification. I've used this app when it first came out or at least since I first heard about it back in 2012 on my iPhone 4s, I was much impressed at to what I heard and now I feel the app has much improved. In fact, the other day, I laid some hand towels out on my bathroom vanity and had the lights on, I needed to know the colors to sort them, since I already knew the colors of towels I had, but not knowing which one was which, I took several pictures with tap tap see and each item was correctly described of it's color, I managed to even get a pic of myself of my shirt I was wearing at the time, tap tap see woman wearing a white shirt,that was right too. I've used it in recognizing some items in my pantry as well. It's a good useful app for me, I am very glad it's still available, I had purchased the 100 picture pack, of course I am very glad to have the pictures free, but it would be worth it to me to pay again if that was necessary.
Good but could be better
It is really good but could be better if only you could see exactly if it was a female or male or a dog on the picture that would be awesome or even say the background in a trailer load bad in front of a window that kind of thing that kind of picture would be awesome and help people more that are totally blind that would like to keep memories alive so they can explain it to their kids or their grandkids are there nieces and nephews or friends because when a friend or family member or someone says well where was this taken people can't answer that because they can't see what the background is they can't tell what year it is so you and the time and day would be great if you could just say that you know like it was taken on October 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM instead of just saying one small face one large face and bottom corners for upped up in the middle you know in any stability in the middle or it's a female botched it and it's a female or and it's Mel or it's a dog or the cat kind of thing it now otherwise it's a great app I like it like I said you could do be improved but for start it's pretty good
- Cloudsight, Inc.
- 7.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © CloudSight Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.