***Recent Top 50 App in Music!***
***FEATURED on The Sound Test Room!***
"This may become the holy grail of Middle Eastern sounds for me, with its playability, silky effects, and portability."
Peter Deneff, World Fusion Jazz Pianist
"If you're after Middle Eastern sound it's perfect."
The Sound Test Room
"The first good 'oriental' iOS synth ever"
App Store Review
"The Duduk sound is AMAZING...Truly, worth the price of admission for that sound alone."
App Store Review
Expand your musical horizon by playing Arabic, Armenian, Balkan, Greek, Klezmer, Persian & Turkish sounds, scales and rhythms.
Play Middle Eastern style Duduk, Oud, Saz, Clarinet, Synths, Zurna and more on your iPhone or external MIDI controller.
Learn about quarter tones and microtones found in Middle Eastern and Raga scales.
Practice with 32 different Anatolian, Caucasus, Mediterranean & Oriental rhythms.
Here are the sounds included:
• Accordion Octave
• Clarinet Klezmer
• CZ-101 Accordion
• CZ-101 Square
• DX7 Flute
• Duduk Vibrato
• Electric Baglama
• Farfisa Lead
• Garmon Reed
• Guitar Jazz
• Kanun Bell
• MOSS Nay
• Ney Hollow
• OB-8 Sync
• Piano Kavkaz
• Sax 90s
• Saz Acoustic
• SH-2000 Accordion
• SH-2000 Violin
• Strings Kavkaz
• Trombone Arabic
• Zurna Synth
• Zurna Turkish
Here are the Rhythms included:
• Baladi (Traditional / Modern)
• Beguine (Traditional / Modern)
• Ciftetelli (Traditional / Modern)
• Curcuna (Traditional / Modern)
• Halay (Traditional / Modern)
• Malfouf (Traditional / Modern)
• Maksoum (Traditional / Modern)
• Rumba (Traditional / Modern)
• Syrto (Traditional / Modern)
• 6/4 (Traditional / Modern)
• 6/8 (Traditional / Modern)
• 7/8 (Traditional / Modern)
• 9/8 (Traditional / Modern)
Here are the scales included:
• Hijaz (Modern / Arabic)
• Hijaz Ascending (Turkish)
• Hijaz Descending (Turkish)
• Hüseyni (Modern / Arabic)
• Hüseyni Ascending (Turkish)
• Hüseyni Descending (Turkish)
• Kurdi (Arabic and Turkish)
• Nihavend (Arabic and Turkish)
• Rast (Arabic)
• Rast Ascending (Turkish)
• Rast Descending (Turkish)
• Sabâ (Arabic and Turkish)
• Natural Minor (classical/jazz ascending minor, aka Aeolian)
• Harmonic Minor
• Melodic Minor (classical/jazz descending minor)
• Dorian (variant of Minor)
• Phrygian (variant of Minor)
• Major (aka Ionian)
• Locrian (diminished type scale)
• Lydian (variant of Major)
• Mixolydian (variant of Major)
• Raag Marwa (hexatonic)
• Raag Bhairav (heptatonic)
• Raag Bhairavi (similar to Kurdi)
• Raag Pahadi (folk mode)
• Microtonal Oriental-Style Real-Time Scale Converter
• World, Middle Eastern, and Raga scales
• Highlighting of keys in scale
• Inter-app Audio (IAA)
• Preset Middle Eastern Rhythms
• MIDI in (Control with a MIDI Keyboard or AudioBus/IAA)
• Filter Section
• FX Section
Make sure to check out our Podcast, Blog, Radio Station, Sounds, Community and more on https://taqs.im - Your Gateway to Middle Eastern Sound
- Added Preset Scale Browser - World, Makam & Raga Scales (#1 user-requested feature)
- Additional Rhythms and Variations - 32 Rhythms!
- Updated Scale Converter
- Show scale on the main keyboard (Settings - Highlight)
- New App Name and icon
- Fixed IAA Rhythm Crash
- Pitch bend is now +- 2 semitones on external midi controllers
- UI Updates and Minor Fixes
- Play 100 notes and see what happens :)
Ratings and Reviews
More Stable plus Microtonal Support
Loving the new update. Hasn’t crashed yet and I can record into GarageBand though the tempo doesn’t sync yet. The big update was the microtonal support - it was great to try out all of those middle eastern scales!
Love this app. The beats that come with it alone are enough for me to love this app. Especially with the improvements they just made. It also helps you learn the maqams
Great synth app.
Can’t wait to see where they take this app too. It’s pretty simple and easy to use. Can’t wait for this to become an arranger d too hint hint.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.