Make lists and get organized. TaskPaper is a plain text to-do list that’s surprisingly adept. Thoroughly modernized. TaskPaper 3 is all new, while still retaining the same plain text design that’s been getting things done since 2006.
Buy now to make lists and get organized!
• Plain text files; edit anywhere
• Type and your lists are auto formatted
• Organize projects:, - tasks, notes, and @tags
• Filter your lists by @tag, type, or content
• Fold, focus, and filter to make big lists small
• Fast keyboard navigation & commands
• Drag and drop to organize your lists
• Manage dates and times in plain text
• Import/Export with Reminders app (Siri)
• Active support community ready to help
• LESS/CSS powered stylesheets for theming
• Fixed sidebar to display tag value lists such as @priority(1, 2, 3)
• Fixed crash when tag name matched another tag-value name. For example @a(a) and @a-a
Ratings and Reviews
Friction-free task management
So hard to encapsulate what a joy it is to use this app. It is fast. It is easy to learn. It is reliable. With fast search and tag filters, I am able to track dozens of projects and tasks and notes with ease. My list does not become overwhelming because I can quickly and intuitively filter it to zoom in on a set of tasks by context, by due date, etc. What really stands out for me is the way it adapts to the way I generally think about tasks and projects — it is usually a non-linear process where thinking about one task or project triggers a memory about another thing to do. From anywhere in the app I can immediately start adding a new project or task. I don’t need to click-click-click to get to a Project view or Inbox view and then proceed from there. It is that ease of capturing projects and tasks that gives me a sense of calm and “ninja-ness” in managing what I need to do.
Does what it says on the tin.
The one big thing I would want is easier styling though. But, that doesn't detract from this app being great.
Pretty great, couple of features would knock it out of the park
Longtime user recently bought back in with v3.
I wish I could set the app to open with the last active project(s). I’m using the same project most of the time so it’s a hassle to have to open it after launching the app.
In-app theme eiting would be awesome (select text, change size and color, etc).
I wish I had precise color options for the sidebar (match all editor styles?). Don’t know if this is possible, but the following is better than nothing:
Developer Response ,
Hi. TaskPaper is able to open with the same projects that were open when you last quit. For more details please go to TaskPaper's support site (support.hogbaysoftware.com) and search for "How do I make TaskPaper restore open documents when it starts".
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.