Add bookmarks and notes to your favorite moments in podcasts and audiobooks with Tatori. Create clips from your bookmarks and organize your media making it easy to reference later. Setup bookmarks to skip unwanted sections and make future listening more enjoyable.
The Skip Auto-Marker feature records when you hit the Skip Forward button during playback. When you replay the episode, these parts are skipped automatically. Skip it once, skip it always.
Import your own audio and video files using the Files app. Easily manage your own media library.
Recommend parts of a podcast by sharing bookmarks with other Tatori users through iMessage, AirDrop and email. No account setup required.
Bookmarks and clips can be added to a playlist to create ‘Best-of' edits for your favorite moments.
- Lock Screen bookmark creation.
- Import and export OPML files to backup and transfer your data between devices.
- Export your bookmarks and notes to text files for easy reference.
- No advertisements or data collection. An app that respects your privacy.
- Use Speech to Text to transcribe the content of audio clips.
- Customize Skip Button intervals with separate values for podcasts and audiobooks.
- Video podcast playback.
- Easily pick up where you left off with the ‘Jump to last played’ button.
- Batch operation mode to perform an action on multiple episodes at once.
- Download episodes as they become available for offline listening.
- Dynamic playlists such as Downloads and Most Recent make it easy to manage your files and find new episodes.
- Search function implemented per Podcast feed.
- Audiobook chapter metadata support.
- Dark and light UI color themes.
- Twist-to-skip gesture during playback gives exact control over the duration to skip.
- Easy to drag timeline control.
- iTunes integration, import podcasts and playlists from your iTunes Library (requires full version).
- Manage subscription updates with notifications.
- Set a start/end time per podcast to trim long-winded intro and outro sections.
- Sleep timer and Bedtime shutoff options to automatically stop playing at night.
- Podcast channel image or episode image display options.
- Only supports DRM-free media.
- Create your own audiobooks and import your audiobook files with the file browser or Files app.
- Updates and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app!!! But i’m still learning
I love this app but how does the video playback work? I still can’t figure it out
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for the feedback. If your podcast feed contains video items it will play them and you can create bookmarks and clips just like audio files. At this time it is not possible to import your own audio or video files.
Great concept. Couple more features will make it excellent.
Definitely on the right path adding bookmarking to podcasts. Really helps with referencing valuable topics later.
Only challenges are these:
1) it’s difficult to change a “bookmark” (a single point on the time line) into a “bookmark clip” (a block of time with a start and end time). When editing a bookmark, it shows the option to change the start time and add an end time, but there’s no way to save the change currently it seems.
2) When looking at the bookmark view for a podcast, it doesn’t show the names of the bookmarks you’ve defined. Only “bookmark 1, bookmark 2, etc)
3) The search feature doesn’t seems to currently index (search against) your custom bookmark titles
4) Doesn’t currently look like there’s a way to export your bookmark clips into a general format for external use
5) I tend to listen to podcasts when running, would be amazing to have the bookmark / bookmark clip capture feature be enabled from a physical button on the phone when the app is active. There are some great photo apps that do this and it makes usage so much more fluid with what you’re already doing.
Overall a great concept with fantastic potential. Hopefully the dev continues to invest in the concept and attack some of these quick wins.
Thanks again for making the investment to build this app! Happy to test early feature releases if you’d like, just let me know.
Developer Response ,
Update 10/11/2018 - Greetings, I've made several updates based on the feedback you provided. The biggest change is the addition of OPML import/export functionality so you have access to your data. Hopefully you find these updates useful. Thanks again.
Thanks for providing the helpful feedback. Hopefully I can clarify a couple of these issues and perhaps update the tutorials in app.
1) To change a bookmark into a bookmark clip, open the bookmark editor and find the 'End Time' button above the picker wheel. Tap it to set the end time to the player's current time, which must be after the bookmark's start time for it to save. The timeline will refresh to indicate the bookmark's new length.
2) The view may have required a refresh because it should display the available bookmark names. Names like 'Bookmark 1' and 'Bookmark 2' are the auto-generated bookmark names and can be changed from the bookmark editor.
3) To run a search for bookmark titles, make sure the 'Bookmarks' content selector is active in the episode list. The bookmark titles are ignored when the Downloads and Feed content lists are active.
4) Correct exporting isn't currently supported.
5) While I can try to add support for Apple's bookmark remote command it ultimately depends on the remote device's interface. Apple has a guideline (2.5.9) stating "Apps that alter or disable the functions of standard switches...will be rejected" so I'm a bit limited to using Apple's provided command support.
Thanks again, if anything is still unclear let me know.
I’m so excited to have found this app, after having searched for something like it for several years now.
However, I would like to see my bookmark “comments” below the bookmarks, similar to the bookmark view in “audible”, which would give me more of the functionality of something like “noted”.
I cannot seem to figure out how to rename a bookmark title, and how to delete bookmarks (I can “select” bookmarks, although for no real purpose). There is no sideways slide option implemented for bookmarks either.
I’m also still struggling with how to use the app. I appreciate all the info pop ups, but they are a bit terse, and don’t quite explain what a “skip” bookmark is. Perhaps a dedicated “guide” text that could walk the reader through examples that also explain the intention and the outcome might be helpful, and explanations for when to use what functionality, depending on different use cases.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the helpful review. I will try to do better at explaining the app in future versions. For now hopefully I can clarify a few issues you're having.
You make a good point about viewing the bookmark comments in the list, I will see about adding that as an option.
There are a couple ways to rename a bookmark. While setting up a new bookmark, you can tap on the name 'Bookmark' that appears at the top of the screen to edit it.
After creating a bookmark, tap on it in the bookmark list to view it in the bookmark editor. From the editor view, tap on the bookmark options button in the lower right corner. It will present options to Rename or Delete the current bookmark.
When you're in bookmark selection mode, tap the button with the green check to confirm your selection. It will present several options to run on the selected bookmarks, like Sharing or Deleting them. Tap the red X to exit selection mode.
A 'Skip' Bookmark is a bookmark with the Skip option enabled. The bookmark's start and end times define a region the player will skip during playback, so you don't have to listen to it. This is helpful for removing unwanted content like repetitive theme songs or advertisements from podcasts.
If you still have questions feel free to contact support, thanks again.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Justin Andrews
- 15.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Justin Andrews
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Version $4.99
- Customize UI $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.