TaxAct® is making it surprisingly easy to prep and file your taxes right from the palm of your hand. Just download the TaxAct app and it’ll guide you through the process - maybe even help you find surprisingly legal deductions along the way. Oh, and guess what? TaxAct guarantees that you’ll get your max refund.
* Prep and File anywhere, anytime
* Touch ID / Face ID support for quick and secure log-in experience
* Personalized product recommendations based on your situation
* Supports all online products: Free, Deluxe+, Premier+ and Self Employed+
* Switch seamlessly from app to desktop, and pick up right where you left off
* Step-by-step guidance with accuracy checks along the way
* Maximum refund and $100k Accuracy Guarantee*
* 2-factor authentication security feature
* View, print, or save your Federal Return PDF
* Quick Tips – these help you navigate through your return seamlessly
* Quick and easy customer support and feedback options
* Check out what’s new below to learn more about HOW we can help you maximize your refund* this tax season
*Maximum Refund and 100k Accuracy Guarantee: If you receive a reduced refund or increased tax liability, or pay penalty or interest because of a TaxAct error, we’ll cover such charges and pay you the difference in the refund or liability up to $100,000. Guarantee only applies to software errors and does not apply to errors attributable to the user. Go to taxact.com/company/accuracy-guarantee for more information.
All TaxAct offers, products and services are subject to applicable terms and conditions located at taxact.com/legal-notice
The 2019 tax season is here and the new TaxAct® is ready! These updates are all about helping you get the maximum tax refund possible.*
- Driver’s License Scan - Cut out the hassle of manually entering your personal information.
- W2 Scan - Scan your W2 form right in the app and TaxAct will handle the rest.
- Create an account with just two easy steps
- Deduction Maximizer™ - Helps you find lesser-known deductions
- Pro Tips - Tips while you’re filing that help you maximize your refund.
- General bug fixes
Start and finish your taxes today!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good for simple taxes
Tried this app this year after a very long time and sad to say don't think it's very good for anything more complicated than a student working part time. I live in NY and work in NJ and the state taxes section couldn't be any more confusing. There's no specific guidance no matter what plan you choose so what's the point of paying more? They charge you for the paperwork involved that you are doing YOURSELF because their tech support are not allowed to advice you in anything just spit out what's already written and there's a charge for each state separately on top of the upgraded plan charge one is forced to take because of the forms involved. Disappointed. Ended up going to a tax agent, it's cheaper and less stressful.
The new version of TaxAct Express has vastly improved and made starting my 2017 tax return super easy. It appears that all of the available products are now accessible in the app (different from last year), and you can file your return no matter what forms you need (2016 version was limited). It also allows you to estimate your taxes, which is a nice feature to have at your fingertips. I’m not sure if I’ll complete my return on the app, but it’s nice having the option to switch back and forth between it and the website product on my laptop.
New techs pls.
Last year wasn’t so hard filing. I didn’t do the snap a photo thing, I manually put it no problem. Also , the only thing is that I found it complicated to see if I had completed it and it was accepted after I paid taxact. A few days went by thinking I was done and taxact emailed me stating to submit it. Submitted it after a few minutes wondering around the app on where to go to submit it to them. That was how it went for 2018. This year I filed and nothing but bugs. Blank screens and to keep going back. I’m hoping they will fix this next year. Best wishes.
- TaxACT, Inc.
- 223.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © TaxAct, Inc. 1998 - 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.