TaxAct® is making it surprisingly easy to prep and file your taxes right from the palm of your hand. Just download the TaxAct app and it’ll guide you through the process - maybe even help you find surprisingly legal deductions along the way. Oh, and guess what? TaxAct guarantees that you’ll get your max refund.
* Prep and File anywhere, anytime
* Touch ID / Face ID support for quick and secure log-in experience
* Personalized product recommendations based on your situation
* Supports all online products: Free, Deluxe+, Premier+ and Self Employed+
* Switch seamlessly from app to desktop, and pick up right where you left off
* Step-by-step guidance with accuracy checks along the way
* Maximum refund and $100k Accuracy Guarantee*
* 2-factor authentication security feature
* View, print, or save your Federal Return PDF
* Quick Tips – these help you navigate through your return seamlessly
* Quick and easy customer support and feedback options
* Check out what’s new below to learn more about HOW we can help you maximize your refund* this tax season
*Maximum Refund and 100k Accuracy Guarantee: If you receive a reduced refund or increased tax liability, or pay penalty or interest because of a TaxAct error, we’ll cover such charges and pay you the difference in the refund or liability up to $100,000. Guarantee only applies to software errors and does not apply to errors attributable to the user. Go to taxact.com/company/accuracy-guarantee for more information.
All TaxAct offers, products and services are subject to applicable terms and conditions located at taxact.com/legal-notice
TaxAct has created a QUICK and EASY way to file through the new and improved mobile app:
* Create an account with just two easy steps!
* Scan your W2 form right in the app and we will handle the rest :-)
* General bug fixes
We have the tax experts and tools to help you navigate your unique situation. TaxAct has you covered this season!
Ratings and Reviews
The new version of TaxAct Express has vastly improved and made starting my 2017 tax return super easy. It appears that all of the available products are now accessible in the app (different from last year), and you can file your return no matter what forms you need (2016 version was limited). It also allows you to estimate your taxes, which is a nice feature to have at your fingertips. I’m not sure if I’ll complete my return on the app, but it’s nice having the option to switch back and forth between it and the website product on my laptop.
Good for simple taxes
Tried this app this year after a very long time and sad to say don't think it's very good for anything more complicated than a student working part time. I live in NY and work in NJ and the state taxes section couldn't be any more confusing. There's no specific guidance no matter what plan you choose so what's the point of paying more? They charge you for the paperwork involved that you are doing YOURSELF because their tech support are not allowed to advice you in anything just spit out what's already written and there's a charge for each state separately on top of the upgraded plan charge one is forced to take because of the forms involved. Disappointed. Ended up going to a tax agent, it's cheaper and less stressful.
First time using TaxAct!
I downloaded the app out of curiosity and ended up filing my taxes! From the upfront pricing to the easy navigation, this app was all I needed. I did have to wait a long time when I called customer support, but the rep’s great service easily compensated for that wait. I felt like writing this review because the app has the ability to use a password manager. I wish more apps added that feature.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TaxACT, Inc.
- 193.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © TaxAct, Inc. 1998 - 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.