Are you a frequent traveller? Have more than one home and travel frequently between them? Are you tracking your tax residency status?
The US tax code is over 50,000 pages long. With TaxDay, you’ll be able to easily monitor your travel with GPS against every US state residency tax code. Make filing a breeze with quick reporting and get better prepared for audits with TaxDay.
TaxDay is the perfect tool to help frequent interstate business travelers and people with multi-state residency plan and accurately track taxable days (and now includes New York City tracking!). It runs silently in the background, using your phone's GPS, and a comprehensive database of state-by-state residency tax rules, to securely track travel. And, when traveling outside the U.S., TaxDay will now track that as well, indicating the specific travel for over 150 countries countries. Smart notifications and an intuitive reporting interface make it easy to manage records and generate an accurate, complete report in case audits.
Key features include:
• At-a-glance travel summary: A “just the facts” snapshot of your travel and taxable days in any jurisdiction is at your fingertips.
• Receipt management: Attach receipts to your travel records for thorough record-keeping.
• Threshold notifications and alerts: Never risk losing track of how many days you’ve spent in a particular jurisdiction. TaxDay warns you when you’re close to triggering tax day thresholds and becoming a potential resident.
•Travel record export: Easily generate a detailed report to share with your accountant or anyone else.
• Multi-device tracking if you are lucky and have someone who helps you keep track of your taxable travel!
Getting started is easy!
• All new TaxDay members enjoy a risk-free 90-day trial to start.
• After your trial, you can decide if you’d like to subscribe to TaxDay for $9.99 per month, billed to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• There’s no commitment—cancel anytime.
The fine print:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
While I love this app and it’s very useful for me, it uses a HUGE amount of data in the background. Last month is used 3.8 GB of my cellular data and I’m having to look for alternatives because of that.
Easy to use
I purchased this app to track my days in NY and Fla. it was easy to set up, and is working as expected. It has noted my days in Fla, NY and for when I had a trip to Texas. My first question to tech support was answered within 24 hours, and my second within 3 minutes, each by email. Both questions were fairly simple in hindsight. And the person who answered my questions: the founder and President. Impressive.
This is such a great app and exactly what I need. Just a couple nice to have adds to make this even more functional. First to upload receipts, give the “take photo” option rather than search existing photos. Use the geotag data as well. Also, know this is a mobile first... it does need a web dashboard so you can see data there as well. Keep at it.
- TaxDay LLC
- 31 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2016 TaxDay LLC
- In-App Purchases
- United States $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.