Find the best ride among local taxis and ride-hailing apps in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Miami, over 500 US cities, and in big cities all around the world. Ride for less by applying the latest promo codes. Estimate fares beforehand or track ride cost as you go in Live Meter mode. Enjoy the most detailed taxi tariffs descriptions.
* Get all the latest taxi deals, Grab, Gojek, Lyft, Curb, Cabify, Didi, Ola, Meru, Careem, Bolt, and Uber promo codes. Always up to date.
* Enter your route and see estimates for taxi ride costs and duration. Adjust trip start time and Taxi Explorer will use day/night/weekend tariffs accordingly.
* Track fare as you go in Live Meter mode. Taxi Explorer uses your location to calculate the price in real time. Compare that price to the taximeter appliance in the car and never be fooled again. Live Meter does not require an internet connection to run.
* Call a radio taxi service with a single tap. Contacts for complaints and/or lost & found office also provided where available.
* Launch Uber, Lyft, Cabify app to book the corresponding service for the selected start and destination points.
* Browse local taxi tariffs without a particular route in mind. You’ll be prepared to pick the best service next time when you travel.
* No login required.
* FREE access to taxi and ride-hailing rates for over 1800 cities all around the world. More cities coming soon!
* Optimized for iOS 13.
Choose taxi service wisely. Keep your ride under control.
Note: The application uses GPS in Live Mode only. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Taxi Explorer is not affiliated with any taxi service or ride-hailing providers like Uber, Lyft, Curb, Grab, Gojek, Cabify, Didi, Ola, 99, DriveNow, Meru, Careem, Bolt. The names and icons used to represent the taxi services and ride-hailing providers are trademarks/properties of the respective companies and Taxi Explorer is not associated with them.
- Added Uber services in Vancouver.
- Added "99" services in Brazil.
- Added support for 50 new cities in Brazil.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really good and useful app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much, Sergey!
This is handy
Easy to use, very helpful. I wish there were more US cities supported
Developer Response ,
Thank you, Max! How about 500 US cities? Check out the latest version.
Now more cities! But A/G Maps win here.
New update (May 2018) covers my area with Lyft and Uber now. Nice map view and suggested routing. Shows fare estimates for three options for Uber and Lyft.
But... Taxi Explorer explores no Taxis. Even though taxi cabs are in my area, none show up here.
Estimated Lyft and Uber fares and waits look about right. But for just Lyft and Uber, Apple and Google Maps do better, showing Lyft Line and other lower cost options.
Taxi Explorer omits the most economical carpool-like options (Uber POOL and Lyft line).
Shows no cabs. Yet several these services operate here (Gaithersburg MD). Trying biggest cities nearby (Baltimore and Washington DC), only one gets cabs included.
Doesn’t show my current location on map except for “live meter” mode.
City initially selected under seems to determine what cabs to list. But cities are selected only by name. Can’t use zip code or even state code (DC or MD) to narrow search. Promo codes?
Finally, offers a premium option but is unclear what the extra-cost delivers, other than removing ads.
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you very much for this comprehensive review. I'm humbly taking notes - regarding more ride-hailing options, better taxi coverage, current location and city search enhancement.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ivelina Grigorova
- 15.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 - 2019 Ivelina Grigorova
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Key $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.