ToneBoosters Reverb is a studio-quality, professional reverberation plug-in with an unrivalled workflow, unlimited creative use and a gorgeous, functional user interface.
With its close to a hundred adjustable parameters, the integrated LFO for parameter modulation, integrated compression and gating, and its shimmer reverb module it is by far the most flexible and configurable reverb on iOS.
The ToneBoosters Reverb app captures the microphone input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters Reverb will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.
- Studio-grade reverberation including early reflections
- The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
- Full control over room size, width, density, depth, mass
- Integrated spectrum analyser showing direct and reverb simultaneously
- Integrated equalizer to shape the reverberation character
- Ability to modify reverberation time across frequency
- Compression, ducking and gating for dynamic reverberation effects
- Flexible, beat-synced LFO that can modulate almost everything!
- Dual pitch-shift shimmer module for out-of-this-world reverberation
- Reverb freeze option
- Random parameter option to change the core reverb sound on the spot
- Eco mode for lower CPU load on complex projects
- Program manager with shared programs between stand-alone, IAA and AUv3 instances
- Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
- Color themes for the user interface
- Max screen support in Garageband
- Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
Please note that given the large flexibility and number of parameters that can be modified with this reverb, the use of an Apple pencil or stylus is highly recommended for smaller devices such as iPhone and iPod touch.
What you should know:
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
- Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.
- Audio Unit extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:
New audio settings panel in stand-alone app to select sampling rate and buffer size (latency)
Ratings and Reviews
More than a worthy competitor to FabFilter.
Since my purchase, I have been truly impressed with this reverb plugin. At first, considering all of the extras (eq, lfo, shimmer etc..), I did not think this plugin would really stand up to the competition. Not only did it demonstrate that the additional features are way more than hastily contrived add-ones, but the reverb portion is so easy to use and get a beautiful sound very quickly, which is so important. All of this, along with an amazingly low price gives the buyer a truly great value. Thank you very much.
Developer Response ,
Thanks much for your review! These kinds of responses keep us going to improve our apps! :-)
The Best Reverb I've Found on iOS
I used to be a professional sound designer and did preset development for Lexicon, Eventide, TC, Yamaha, Roland, Sony and many other hardware manufacturers. To keep it simple, this is the best sounding reverb I've found on iOS in my opinion.
Has a great feature set, tons of programmability and a beautiful interface... but the core reverb tone really sets it apart from most others. It's more complex, but the learning curve is worth the excellent results that can be achieved. Really well done, reasonably priced and highly recommended.
Great reverb - had to restart device
Just purchased it thinking I’d get audio unit compatibility since it’s listed, but it doesn’t show up in my iPad Pro or iPhone 12 Pro as an AUV3 in AUM or Drambo....seems to still have a bug even though version history suggested it was gone. Sounds great but need bug fixed, then it will be 5 stars.
Edit: A reboot of my device made it show up, never had that problem before with any other music apps but it works now - changed review.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dirk Breebaart
- 8.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ToneBoosters.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.