ToneBoosters Reverb is a studio-quality, professional reverberation plug-in with an unrivalled workflow, unlimited creative use and a gorgeous, functional user interface.
The ToneBoosters Reverb app captures the microphone input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters Reverb will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.
- Studio-grade reverberation including early reflections
- The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
- Full control over room size, width, density, depth, mass
- Integrated equalizer to shape the reverberation character
- Ability to modify reverberation time across frequency
- Compression, ducking and gating for dynamic reverberation effects
- Flexible, beat-synced LFO that can modulate almost everything!
- Dual pitch-shift shimmer module for out-of-this-world reverberation
- Reverb freeze option
- Eco mode for lower CPU load on complex projects
- Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
- Color themes for the user interface
- Max screen support in Garageband
- Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
What you should know:
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) will only work with a single (mono) channel without an external (stereo) input source. The AUv3 version will support up to 8 channels (7.1).
- Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.
- Audio Unit extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:
Improved responsiveness and layout across devices and hosts.
Ratings and Reviews
Good reverb for sound design
The built in LFO modulation can be applied to pretty much any parameter, makes for some cool effects.
Use AU3 - the IAA does not work
The IAA should either be fixed or eliminated. At least in Aum, this version does not function the way it should - frankly, it just did not work (one channel despite stereo input, bad sound on that one channel, and finally crashing).
In the same session, switching to the AU3 resulted in everything working as intended, so far as I can tell. The reverb sounds very good and the app gives a great deal of setting flexibility to adjust the effect to taste. I see no save option for user settings, however. The app relies on the host for this, which is not what I prefer because I use multiple host apps.
This app strikes me so far as incomplete but with great potential.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! IAA having only one channel is a known limitation of IAA for effect plugins (beyond this particular plugin) when no external sound card is connected. That is why we recommend using it as AUv3. Even more so, Apple will deprecate inter-app audio all together very soon so that way of communication between apps will cease to exist with upcoming iOS and iPadOS updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.