Tea is the ultimate tea companion. Learn about teas from all over the world with Tea's Encyclopedia, including preparation tips, signs of quality, tasting notes, harvest seasons and more. Brew the perfect cup every time with Tea's smart tea timer and note taker. Whether you're looking up what "Sencha" is when you're at a cafe or refining your oolong's steep time to perfection, Tea's got you covered.
• Tea Encyclopedia: Learn about teas from all over the world with Tea's all-new Encyclopedia: where they're grown, how they're made, preparation tips, signs of quality, and more! Tea can now recognize over 500 tea names.
• Tea to Try: Tea's Encyclopedia integrates with Reminders to allow you to create a list of teas to try.
• Smart Tea Timer: Tea's terrific timer remembers your favorite brew times for each of your teas.
• Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Integration: With the tap of a button, you can have Tea share your tasting notes and photos with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Teapot Picker: Tea's teapot picker lets you choose which teapot you'll use to brew your tea, and can even automatically tell you how much tea you'll need for that teapot.
• Notes and Rating System: After your timer is up, Tea lets you save tasting notes, take a photo and rate your brew. Tea even keeps track of your brewing time, tea amount, and temperature, so that you can hone in on the perfect brew for each of your teas.
• Default Brew Suggestions: Not all teas are meant for use with boiling water. Tea comes pre-loaded with brew suggestions (temperature, time, leaf amount) for over 200 tea names and 12 tea types, all prepared by tea expert Thomas Smith.
• Automatic Unit Conversion: Tea's Set Brew screen automatically converts units for you. If your tea's temperature instructions come in degrees Celsius, for example, Tea automatically converts it to Fahrenheit if that is your preferred unit.
• Inventory Tracker: When you input a new tea, Tea automatically calculates how many brews you can make with that tea. Each time you use Tea's timer, Tea recalculates how many brews you have remaining. Be in full command of your tea inventory.
• Multiple Infusion Support: Tea intelligently counts your tea infusions and preloads your notes with infusion number.
• Shake to Shuffle: Can't decide on which tea to have? Simply give your iOS device a shake, and Tea will select one at random for you!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed lock screen notifications not appearing.
Ratings and Reviews
New to tea
I have recently gotten into learning about tea and I love the encyclopedia function and the ability to have and inventory of teas. I wish that the amount of tea in the inventory went down to 1 gram instead of starting at 10 since I have many sampler packs from teavivre. I still have to play with it some more but also wish that the brewing suggestions had specific gongfu instructions along with the western infusion method. Sometimes they are there but you really have to read into it. Also if you have F and C temperatures it would be nice to have ounces along with CC of water. Good app but think more could be done to justify 1.99 price.
Best Tea App for Serious Tea Drinkers
I’ve been using this app for years so before I updated my iOS devices to iOS 11 I had to resurrect my old old iPod Touch 4 to devote to this app. Now that the app has been updated I can use it on a device with a functional battery. Also, the encyclopedia is once again accessible.
It has all the features that a serious tea drinker need. I can set up each variety of each tea I own e.g. an individual entry for each oolong. Then I can record the tea qty relative to the pot size and the app adjusts the qty for each pot i own. It remembers the time and temperature for each tea and then times each steep with the built in timer. I can adjust the brewing parameters for the next session which is helpful with new teas.
Sometimes the features are hard to find, like adjusting the quantity of tea when you change the pot size, but they’re there and worth looking for.
Best Overall Tea app!
This app does have issues, but I am more than happy to deal with them given what is offered with it:
🍵 Encyclopedia- very detailed with maps, season charts, photos, and guidelines
🍵 Tea timer- highly programmable with your chosen specifics; amount of tea, volume of water, steep time, temperature (C or F), and you can track your steeping pot or vessel to the point of a photographic representation of it.
🍵 Pantry function- for tracking your teas- very cool!
🍵 History tab- for all your past tea experiences
Track your tea type, time, temperature, amount, water, pot, and everything is searchable! I’m also impressed with the clear understanding of Chinese teas and style of tea making that is still lacking with the other apps in the the store.
It can be a little temperamental to use, but I have found those problems vanish now that I have been using it for a while (ex: I don’t use the camera icon in the app to try and take a photo because it will crash the app. I use my iPhone’s camera, then use the “Photo Library” selection to fetch the photo. Not a big deal).
This is a great app for learning and growing one’s knowledge with tea making! If you are a casual tea drinker, you may not care, but for those exploring the realm of tea, this app is great!
The developer, Samuel Iglesias, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Samuel Iglesias
- 46.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Sam Iglesias
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.