The easiest and fastest way to become fluent in Scottish gaelic! Expand your vocabulary with the scientifically proven flashcards method and join millions of happy users already benefitting of our 1,700+ words.
▶ NATIVE SPEAKER AUDIO
Search no more: There is no other Scottish gaelic app on the App Store with that number of words perfectly recorded and pronounced by a native speaker.
ABOUT OUR VOICE TALENT: Colin Stone is a Scottish journalist who was raised to speak Gaelic by his mother, a native of the Isle of Lewis.
● Flashcards : Built-in flashcard trainer to help you memorize words!
● 1,700+ selected words to enrich your vocabulary!
● Audio pronunciation to help you speak like a native.
● Test: Multiple choice quizzes crafted for you to test your progression. Share your progress on Twitter or Facebook.
● Word of the Day: Get notified with a new word to learn every day. Learn words without even entering the app!
● Glossary: Look up definitions quickly. Review what you've learned & your mistakes easily.
● Random: Access random definitions to learn fresh new words every day; everything to fulfil your appetite for discovery!
● Listen & Repeat: Learn and review hands-free while running, driving, commuting...etc
● Stats: Track your progress with detailed graphs and statistics.
▶ HAPPY CUSTOMERS
“This is a great app, especially for reviewing when you have a few minutes. Thank you! Highly recommend it!“
“I like the test option of the program, which is really handy for practicing and increasing vocabulary.”
“Great app! I recommend it! Can't ask for more.“
“Best learning app ever.“
** EDUAPP AWARD 2020 **
Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad running iOS11+.
No Internet connection required after download.
▶ FREE TRIAL
While Teach Me Scottish gaelic offers a 1-week free trial, it is a monthly subscription-based app. If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes account every month, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of service : https://advenworks.com/teach-me-series/terms-of-use/
Bug fix (on Search bar)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app does what is advertised. But either something was wrong with my sound or there is no way to hear how the Scottish Gaelic vocabulary words sound. I find Gaelic a particularly hard language to learn by sight. I would not recommend this tool if you are trying to learn to speak the language.
I love it
I love it! This all is a good way to learn this (sadly) dying language.
I think the price is very reasonable.
The audio’s quality is awesome.
Very good. I’m not disappointed.
Over priced regardless of how good it may be!
$4.99 a week is robbery when the website Learn Gaelic is offering to teach people Gaelic for FREE. Come down on your price, and be part of helping restore a beautiful, nearly lost language.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
We understand you can be upset by this price. We want to be part of helping restore this wonderful language as much as you do. But as we are a small team of indie developers, we need this income to live and to continue upgrading this app :)
Thank you for your understanding,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.