***** 2nd Place for Best Elementary Student App!!!
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 2nd Grade teaches six age-appropriate subjects to second grade children: spelling, sight words, long addition, long subtraction, fast addition and fast subtraction. TeachMe: 2nd Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can make fun photos at the Photobooth, collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the Art Store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between six different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the only educational app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 2nd grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
• TeachTech writing recognition
• Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Turn ordinary pictures into fun photos at the Photobooth
• Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
• Tend to a Virtual Aquarium with 10 types of fish and 50+ items
• 8 different sticker reward scenes: sky, space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 175+ different stickers for adding to scenes
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export Sticker Scenes, Photobooth images, and Aquarium snapshots to Photos app, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch Second Grade
• Spelling: 100+ 2nd grade level words
• Fast Addition: practice single digit math facts in preparation for long addition
• Fast Subtraction: practice one's column math facts in preparation for long subtraction
• Long Addition: 2 and 3 digit addition including regrouping (carrying)
• Long Subtraction: 2 and 3 digit subtraction including regrouping (borrowing)
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: 3rd Grade, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: Kindergarten, TeachMe: Toddler and TeachMe: Math Facts.
• Fixes problems in Dark Mode
• Various bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Over all good learning app
Our biggest frustration with this app is that it rarely excepts the kids letters, even when written correctly. I have pictures showing what the kids have written and what actually shows up. Both of girls hate this app because of this issue and as a parent, I have to sit right with them both and make sure it is picking up what is being written. Could really use an update on the hand written portions and include a section for penmanship (how to write so the app will recognize it). My kids and most of the world, have to know how to use a keypad and number pad anyways. For spelling, this app has taken forever to advance my girls and they are very bored with the few word choices given over months at a time with no advancement. Also instead of changing the voice for (find the word), keep it the same and a little louder. It’s very hard to understand. Over all the girls are learning math despite the writing difficulties.
Teach town needs a save button. My daughter has used her coins to purchase some items but then they just disappeared and she didn’t get her coins back. They have both stayed away from teach town since.
Needs an update seriously, last one was 2 years ago. And the developer rarely responds to people’s comments. Are you there
We’ve done the 1st and 2nd grade Teach Me apps and we like them a lot, but the spelling progression tracking isn’t weighted the same as the others. Seems odd to be advancing through stars on everything else, and spelling is stuck at 1 star.
Excellent teaching with accountability
While other programs will allow your child to write their letters any way, this one has the ability to teach proper letter formation. It includes math, spelling, and writing. The game is very customizable allowing you to choose spelling only, or math only, etc. If your child is not writing well and you do not wish to address that, you can turn on a number pad for the math problems. We own the entire package. This has been a wonderful addition to my children's learning.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 24x7digital LLC
- 142.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2012-2020 24x7digital LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.