The TeamBuildr app is here for the more than 100k athletes and clients who receive workouts programs from their coach or trainer every day.
Workout: The app allows athletes and clients can get the full interactive workout via the Workout page which includes Videos, Opt-Out, Notes, %’s, results-tracking, Sports Science questionnaires, Progressions, and more.
Messaging: Athletes and clients can also chat with coaches/trainers & other athletes/clients via the real-time Messaging feature.
Notifications: Athletes and clients will now get real-time notifications about the workout, questionnaires, and more.
Settings: Athletes and clients can adjust profile pictures, notifications, and email settings directly in the app.
Customization: Custom colors and logo will carry over into the app.
Under the hood updates and bug fixes Including:
* Fix for users experiencing crashes on video uploads
* Fixed issue where Documents & Links tab was not showing for some users
* Fix for users who are not receiving notifications
* Fix for users not seeing the Log Out button
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like much of the functionality of this application! The UI is intuitive, as is the flow. A few small tweaks would make it incredible. When the message queue is empty there is no overlay to let you know there are no messages - just an empty box. It almost makes me feel like something is missing or wrong with my app. A simple “no new messages” or prompt like that would be helpful. Adding native autocorrect to the message feature would rule - when I’m lifting my typing goes to crap and I realized how much I rely on autocorrect. It would also be awesome to have a video feature for athletes to message their coaches instead of only coach to athlete. If this already exists - I’d love a developer response!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the suggestions. For the message section, I completely agree and that is something we will be adding. The auto correct I believe is based on the keyboard you are using (for example I use the Google keyboard "Gboard" on my iPhone and it autocorrects for me in the response box), but we can look into it for sure. As for video - that is coming soon!
Needs better design
In many places there is white text on bright yellow background or bright yellow text on white background and on an iPhone screen you cannot read it.
There are no timers to use for your sets or rest periods.
When you open an exercise the app automatically fills out the reps for all sets so there is no way to know what set you are on, and when you close that exercise to move to the next set in a superset, it marks it with a green check mark showing that you’ve completed it even though you’ve only completed one set.
Really needs to be designed from the standpoint of the user. Do the developers even lift?
Developer Response ,
Hi Doc - thanks for the review. Just wanted to address your comments here:
- For the color scheme in the app, that is actually something that gets set by the organization you are a member of, please feel free to shoot an email to email@example.com and we can work with the admins to maybe change some of the colors to make it easier to see the text
- We are looking at adding rest timers in the actual workouts, but do actually have some timers that coaches can add into the workout that show up and work in the app. As above, we can reach out to the coaches on this account to let them know how to use those for a better experience
- Totally understand on the auto-saving issue on close or swipe is a very annoying one that popped up with the last update. We actually have an update being reviewed by Apple right now to address that issue, so make sure to keep an eye out today or tomorrow for an app update to fix that for you!
Definitely shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss more. Would like to get more feedback from you!
Best Fitness App!
I love this app! I am a huge fitness enthusiast and workout a lot. I’ve found myself getting easily bored with workouts but since I’ve had access to TeamBuildr , it’s really helped me get excited about workouts. I love that it’s short and incorporated functional lifts and provides mobility and flexibility aspects to the workout as well! This app is a must have. Easily accessible and provide how-to videos explaining and showing you movements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.