Tekla Field3D - the easy-to-use IFC / BIM 3D-viewer. Not only does it open very large models* (2 GB++), it also has many useful and easy functions to view and extract 3D model information. It works fluently on both iPad and iPhone.
Tekla Field3D is a high-performance 3D viewer for Building Information Models (BIM). It supports a new way of working with AEC models in the building lifecycle, from design to demolition. With Tekla Field3D even stakeholders without a desktop BIM software can combine and view 3D models. Using standard touch features you can pan, zoom, and rotate models easily.
It is the only IFC viewer for iOS that allows you to view and share 3D models anywhere, on the go. Or you can plug your iPad or iPhone into a projector to display your models to a larger audience in meetings.
• View 3D models in multiple formats: .ifc, .ifczip (not XML), .3ds, .obj
• Very large models load in mere seconds, tested to more than 2 GB
• Zoom, pan and rotate 3D models
• Object Outlines and dynamic Shadows to better visualize model geometry and depth
• Open files from email, file-share or web
• Sample files included and more can be downloaded
• Orthogonal view of 3D models - as an alternative to Perspective view
• Imperial units display option for Property values (feet &inches)
For more information, visit:
read the manual at
*For more performance, features, and file formats contact email@example.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent viewer that's smooth, and fluid to pan and zoom through. New features to take dimensions and inquire member properties would be wonderful (I'm using the free functions so maybe these exist in the paid version?).
Wish this worked
Can't load my ifc file. App says "opening..." hangs for a while then crashes. Company is very difficult to reach for support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.