Teleprompter is an easy-to-use yet powerful prompting application.
Using Teleprompter is as easy a typing in your script and clicking play, but don’t be fooled by Teleprompter’s simplicity! It also comes jam packed with useful features:
• Remote Control:
Control Teleprompter remotely with your iPhone or with another Mac over WiFi or Bluetooth.
Requires the free Teleprompter Controller app, or another device running Teleprompter.
• Remote Editing:
Open documents over the network with File > Open from Network.
Edit the text, or control the document just as if it was on your own computer.
If the document becomes disconnected, it remains open for networked redundancy!
• Remote Broadcast:
Click one checkmark to start prompting on another Mac or iPad.
(Networking can be password protected or disabled entirely.)
• Screen Mirroring:
Clone your script onto any number of monitors, or into another window.
Choose to flip each copy horizontally, vertically, or both.
Use the "Text Blocker" to temporarily hide the text with an image of your choice.
• Import and Export RTF and Doc files:
Change the font color and size during import, export, or print.
Save segments anywhere in your script to quickly jump to them later.
Use keyboard shortcuts to jump between segments.
Give each segment a duration, and Teleprompter will let you know if you're ahead or behind schedule.
• Automatic Speed Control:
Need to be at a certain sentence at certain time?
Enable Automatic Speed, and Teleprompter will give each segment the duration you choose. It can even pause between segments.
• Customizable Resolution Settings
Make sure your script stays consistent or optimize it for different sized screens by keeping it the same width and height. Add margins to sides of the text.
• Customizable Overlay
Use the intuitive Overlay editor to keep you or the talent on track.
Add the customizable arrow, the time elapsed or remaining, or a clock to show over the script.
Or, add a custom image.
• Fully integrated iPad version
Teleprompter and Teleprompter for iPad work seamlessly together. You can save document in iCloud, or remotely control or broadcast prompting.
• Customizable Keyboard and Mouse settings:
Change keyboard shortcuts for play, pause, reset, jump, record, and others.
Enable or disable scrolling to change speed, or use the mouse buttons to start and stop.
• Support for Wheels and other external control devices:
Try out your device using the included trial period, and configure it in the Preferences. If your device doesn't work perfectly, contact support at email@example.com and we'll get your device working.
• Great Performance
Teleprompter has been carefully engineered to provide distraction-free, buttery smooth scrolling.
Teleprompter utilizes multi-threaded rendering to effectively push multiple high resolution displays.
Use Teleprompter to help record videos, give speeches, read your textbook, and more!
Teleprompter Controller is available at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teleprompter-controller/id417602496
For more in-depth information about Teleprompter, check out the user manual at pavonine.co/teleprompter/manual.pdf
New in 3.0.4:
Fixed an issue where Teleprompter sometimes used excessive CPU when communicating over the network.
New in 3.0.2:
Teleprompter now includes a 14 day trial for new users!
If you've already bought Teleprompter, and are mistakenly being redirected to the trial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Add word count in the formatting bar.
- Add a horizontal line overlay.
- Fix a bug where the arrow wouldn’t show in the Preferences.
- Fix a crash when reordering segments.
- When opening a document from the network, don’t close the document if it becomes disconnected. Instead, leave the document open and allow it to be saved. This allows you to run redundant machines when prompting.
- Add Blocking Text syncing over the network. When you push the “Block Text” button, all available Teleprompters on the network switch their blocking on or off.
- Add a button to Text Blocking configuration to push the current settings to all Macs on the network.
- Remove “Searching…” indicators when networking is actually off.
- Fix a bug where the alignment of imported plain text documents would not change.
- Add a segments quick jump menu. Hold down the “Segments” toolbar button to reveal a menu that allows you to quickly jump to segments.
- When importing documents, only change the majority color of the document, if color changing has been selected. This allows colored highlights to remain in imported documents.
- When importing documents by dragging them into the dock icon, or using “Open With” in Finder, provide the Import menu to change the formatting.
- Add a checkbox to optionally remove margins from imported files.
- Various minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Easiest to use, but extremely functional
Having tried about 5 of the web-based and Mac apps for teleprompting, this one beats them all. Unculttered screen, not fussy to use. Doesn't scroll based on microphone input (listen to the script), but the prompters that have that function don't have that trick mastered yet. This is the first app that has allowed me to get through a half-hour script in a half hour! With the others, it was a frustrating string of stops and starts and restarts. Highly recommended.
Very good functionality; window is a little odd
This is a very good app for scrolling the content. It has many functions that allow control of speed, etc. However, I wish the window was a little easier to handle (the text size automatically adjusts larger or smaller when resizing the window). I guess I will get used to it with experience. It also lacks a line-spacing control. Increasing the amount of space between lines can make it easier to read the content, which is the primary purpose of the app, but there is no way to increase/decrease line-spacing aside from selecting a font size.
Developer Response ,
Hi Wallyrocks! We've added line spacing controls in the newest version.
The text changes size so that the actual line width remains constant. This way, the way the text wraps doesn't change based on the size of the window. This means that Teleprompter can render the same script consistently even on multiple windows (or on other devices.)
It's definitely a trade-off, as the text can get larger or smaller depending on the window size. However, we think it's the right decision for a more consistent experience in most cases.
Great for Video Presentations!
I looked around at about 10 free and paid solutions for having a computer-based teleprompter and this seems like a solid program for the money and it is! Great features not the least of which is being able to control the timing of the scroll to a predetermined time limit, in my case 10 minutes. This will do wonders for me as I have a tendency to ramble and get off topic. It’s going to take a little practivce but this program has everything I need.
Have only worked a little with the remote control, but it works fine from what I have seen so far.
If you have any doubts, I believe this program is worth the money. You could spend a lot more, but if you are just doing solo work like myself, this program handles it and then some!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.