*** Used by many schools around the world ***
Knowing how to tell & read time and calendar is a very important skill. Being able to tell time by looking at a traditional clock and at a digital clock is essential to understanding other things like time zones and international times as well. Learning how to tell time can also help kids with their motor and cognitive skills as well as mathematical skills. Many educators feel that the earlier the age of the child, the better.
“Telling Time – It’s Easy” is the most comprehensive app, designed for children ages 6 to 11, to study telling / reading time and calendar, and other related topics. “Telling Time – It’s Easy” covers following topics / concepts / terms:
* Reading / telling time in words and setting the traditional analog clock by moving the hour and minute hands, and listening to the time
* Matching analog and digital clocks
* Matching time in words and analog & digital clocks
* Reading calendar and solving the problems
* A.M. / P.M.
* Seasons of the Year
* Months of the Year
* The days of the Week
* The number of Days in each Month
The app is designed to have a fun during learning process, so your kids will love this app.
Attention Australian customers: many real questions on NAPLAN numeracy test (Year 3) are very similar to the questions in this app, so your kids can be prepared!
* choosing the number of questions (10, 15 or 20)
* you can listen to the time that you set up in 'SET the clock' module - just choose 'Training Mode'
* you can break lessons into teaching full hours, half past the hour, quarter to / past the hour, etc.
* different play modes:
-TRAINING MODE: The student gets immediate feedback and he/she can see the right answer and to know the way how to solve the problem. In the end, the student can see the total result.
-PRACTICE MODE: The student just gets immediate feedback (correct / incorrect). In the end the student can see the total result.
* progress report (shows the last and best result per each task)
* reset statistics
* sound control
* option to disable the warning messages when you reset the statistics, restart the task, cancel the test, etc.
Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Deceptive home page. Not at all interesting or interactive as home page depicts. Home page shows potential, but interactive follow thru missing. Very disappointing.
Lots of good information
I am a second grade teacher. After looking at all the time apps I could find, I bought this app to use with my students. I love how it teaches analog, digital, a.m. and p.m., AND calendar time. I didn't find any other apps as comprehensive. I do wish it had the option of more basic time choices (6:45 instead of only quarter to seven). This is a much more advanced skill and too hard for beginners. It would also be great to have the option of telling time to the half/hour, five minutes, or minute. Overall, a very well-done app and I would recommend it to parents and other teachers. Sound would also be a very fun addition kids would love.
Needs a "read to me" option
Would be great, but most kids who need to learn these skills can't read well enough (or at all) to read the directions. Without a "read to me" option it was a waste for my 5 year old grandson. I hope they will add an update that includes this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.