Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. If you'll like to try Tempo out before purchasing, download Tempo Lite for free now.
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Tracker and Automator
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
Replaced setlist sharing options with universal sharing sheet.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this all the time for practicing guitar, not just for steady pace for chord changes, picking, etc but just as an approximate measure count when just trying to get repetition.
With both the guitar & horn it's also a great help to get objective feedback on my ability to speed up the pace with a passage as I get better.
Another neat trick that I'll need another for (my wife's) I will start 2 metronomes at once to get a better feel for how, for example, eighth notes & triplets sound together - helpful when another orchestra section is playing something different.
Using this app also increases my ability to use my ear for my surrounding while playing, to better play with others during rehearsals or performances.
Finally, this has many options, & for an amateur like me it's perfect. My ability to listen and play to what I hear, i think essential for anyone who wants to play with others, absolutely improves with this.
This app works wonderfully. I used it not only as a standard metronome, but also to help myself learn three against four rhythms as well as master the syncopation in a Gershwin piece I'm learning, using the different time signatures and the different levels of accent. The ability to select exactly which beats to accent (and/or be silent) as well the different note values is invaluable to me, and has really helped me overcome my difficulties with rhythm. The interface is easy to work with, and I love the feature which allows you to tap out the desired tempo. Everything needed is right at your fingertips; it is not hard at all to make any sort of adjustment to the settings, major or minor. (Also, fiddling with the background colors is fun!)
This app is the best metronome I have ever used, and I would definitely recommend it.
I have been using the app for a few years now and thoroughly enjoying it. I also heartily recommend the app to all who ask for a recommendation. The design is clean and easy to understand, and the sounds are crisp, loud, and satisfying in a long practice session. My favorite sound is the “cowbell”, and the addition of the second accent makes this app even more effective. However, even a great app doesn’t always come with only superlatives...
For one, whenever I increase or decrease the tempo, the dial goes “crazy” and instead going up or down in increments of 10, it goes super fast all the way to a maximum or minus value. It usually happens to me when I am rehearsing with other people and it is frustrating to not be able to rely on the app when most needed.
The second issue is more of a suggestion to the developers. Please increase the volume of the reference tones, if possible. In a crowded and noisy environment, it is heard to hear unless I press the phone right to my ear. I’m a percussionist and sometimes tuning timpani before rehearsal becomes an unnecessarily tricky to hear the reference times behind all the chaos from the rest of the orchestra.
These are small gripes to an otherwise excellent metronome app. I tried many of them and gave up after a while. Keep up the great work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 34.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99