- Auto Mode changes tempo periodically both up and down for serious speed training.
- Spice it up with various click sounds, time signatures, accents and rests.
- Save your favourite tempo, time signatures and auto mode settings in nine memory slots.
- Tap tempo to find that precise beat in your head. During use, the clicks synchronise to your tapping.
- Resize the window for bigger interface or go straight to to full screen mode.
- Tempos from 20 to 360 bpm.
Set the tempo
- Click on large arrows above and below the tempo value.
- Drag the numeric value up/down with the mouse.
- Press Up/Down to change by 5 bpm. The value is rounded first, so you can move between numbers ending with zero or five.
- Press Left/Right to change by 1 bpm.
- Press Enter, type in the value and press Enter again to confirm.
Play and stop
- Press Spacebar to play and stop or use the button on screen.
Notes and accents
- Click on time signature to change.
- Click on notes to cycle between accented note, normal note and rest.
- Auto mode changes tempo periodically which is useful for speed training. You can set the bpm amount and time interval.
- Press A or click the auto mode button to start.
- Click on bpm and time interval to type in value or drag the value up/down with your mouse.
- Save your favourite tempos, time signatures and auto mode settings in nine memory slots.
- Press S to save current preset. This will save tempo, time signature, accents and auto mode settings.
- Press Cmd+1 to Cmd+9 to save current settings as another preset.
- Press 1 to 9 from keyboard to load a preset.
- Press P to cycle between presets.
Sounds and volume
- Press O to cycle between available click sounds.
- Press Cmd+, to open Settings and choose sound from list.
- Drag volume slider or press Cmd+Up/Down or Cmd+Left/Right to change volume.
- Click TAP button or press T or Backspace at least three times in a row with more or less constant interval. New tempo is calculated as average of your last taps.
- Press V to toggle click light.
Full screen mode
- Press F to enter or leave full screen mode. Escape also leaves full screen.
Updated underlying technology to support future functional improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Clean, easy, nice looking interface. I have tried many metronomes over the years, and this is my favorite so far. Well worth the price. 7 different click sounds, 9 presets, accents on/off, tap tempo, gradual tempo increase. Pull down Help menu and select "How To Use" for very simple instructions. Great job!
Definitely the best / most stable / cleanest desktop metronome app I've found, and I've tried many.
Simple and effective.
Works great and getting better. Thngs that would make it more awesome: Gradual decrease in tempo. A few different click sounds, like a more natural wood click or drum hit. Also, the new time signatures and accents is great but the accent would be even more effective it had a more contrasting timbre so it stands out more.
- Rene Lasseron
- 68.7 MB
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 René Lasseron
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.