Developed for health care professionals, medical and nursing students who are interested in a deeper understanding of temporary cardiac pacing procedures. This independently validated app employs interactive real-time 3D exploration into Temporary Cardiac Pacing to aid learning.
All text is available in English and German.
Temporary pacing is one of the first hands-on procedures physicians and nurses perform as residents and trainees. Confidence and experience gained from simulated training can help make first procedures successful and decrease risk to patients.
This app uses rendered 3D anatomy, interactive pacing tip placement and interactive control of pacing parameters. Utilises electrophysiology simulation and on-screen live ECG signals to simulate the effect of the pacing device on the heart rhythm for realistic training. Users can perform a temporary pacing procedure and take readings with common results and use pathologies they may not have had access to previously.
Fully functional temporary pacing device with interactive control of:
- On/off switch
- Pace and sense indicators
- Pacing rate
- Pacing wire tip placement
Interactive step-by-step tutorials:
- Start Here Guide
- Normal Rhythm
- Temporary Cardiac Pacing
Interactive exercise with different patient parameters each time you start the app
Electrophysiology simulation mode with interactive control of:
- SA node switch
- SA node rate
- AV node switch
- AV retro/antegrade
- AV node rate
- AV node conduction velocity
- AV node delay
- Live single lead ECG (choice out of 12)
- Live 12-lead ECG
- ECG calliper tool
- ECG speed control
- Labels on ECG waves (P, R, T)
- Simulation speed control
- Action potential wavefront colour range control
Anatomy view mode with:
- Free camera control
- Preset cardiac anatomy views
- Understand what causes the ECG signals during a pacing procedure
- Understand how to set the pacing mode, voltage and sensitivity thresholds
- Learn best practices for temporary cardiac pacing
- Explore the 3D heart and gain spatial and temporal understanding of the pacing procedure.
- Mobility. Users can access individualised simulation training on their personal devices anytime and anywhere
- Guidance. Guided tutorials aid self-learning without the need for tutoring
- Model pacing outcomes. Normal vs. pathology overlays make it easy to visually compare differences in pacing that would otherwise need to be imagined
- Deeper understanding. Real-time interactive 3D anatomy and pacing wire placement provide spatial and temporal understanding of what causes the ECG signals and helps with retention
- Realistic simulation. Real-time electrophysiology mode and on-screen pacing controls for realistic training
- Measure learning progress. Test mode allows users to complete a case and receive feedback on performance, helping with retention and identifying knowledge gaps.
This application is not a substitute for medical advice. This application is intended for educational purposes only. Persons using the data within this application for medical purposes should not rely solely on the accuracy of the data herein. While data may be updated periodically, users should not rely on this application for the latest information. Any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of this application is hereby disclaimed. All direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from any use of this application or data contained herein is disclaimed and excluded. All support is provided on an as-is, as-available basis.
In downloading this app you expressly recognise:
- having read and understood the terms, conditions and modalities of the Apple - Epicardio Ltd EULA,
- being satisfied therewith; and
- agreeing to abide by all its terms and conditions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.