Awarded QED seal of approval for Quality, Excellence, Design from the Publishing Innovation Awards & one of five finalists in the kids app category internationally in 2013!
Swinging in the trees and putting on a show for the cheeky chimpanzees - listen to the story to know which gorilla to tickle under the arm (are they wearing a pirate hat? flippers? a bow tie?) and hear them giggle until they lose their grip.
A rollicking rhyme and beautiful illustrations combine with stunning animations on every page to make this a favorite. With a lovely surprise at the end, unexpected animations on every page and cheeky dialogue, this is sure to entertain the whole family.
“This book app is delightful. It is deeply engaging for young readers & listeners, much like Mr. Nunn's earlier apps. The interactivity will have your kids giggling along with the story as they learn basic subtraction by one. For very young kids in particular, this app is sure to please. There is also one small extra included with this title, a matching game... Recommended." - Carisa Kluver, Digital Storytime
“Great for reading comprehension and listening skills...very engaging characters and sounds”, iTunes user
- QED seal of approval for Quality, Excellence, Design
- Read yourself or ‘Read to me’ option with text highlighting (narration by Angela Catterns)
- Over 100 interactions, including a hidden Toucan to find and tap on every page!
- Fun touch-activated dialogue throughout the book
- Monkey Memory game - a bonus educational inclusion featuring all the characters from the book and specially scored music
- Parental controls
- Original illustrations
Designed for preschoolers (2-6 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.
If you like Ten Giggly Gorillas, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review <3
- To share feedback or get help with any issues, please email us at email@example.com
- Stay up to date with news of promotions and new releases - sign up in the app or visit us at: www.wasabipro.com
- Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/wasabipro
- Follow us on Twitter @wasabipro
- Add us to your circles on Google+
Wasabi Productions is a member of Parents With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly app developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My grandchildren enjoy the fun, giggly gorillas.
This app is a keeper! In the story book, there are 10 silly giggly chimps hanging from a tree. Your task is to listen to which one gets a tickle and falls from the tree. It bridges the skills between learning to target and waiting to follow specific direction. I love the fact that on any page in the story section that you can delay play until after the page is read. I feel this is very thoughtful on the developer's part as it cuts through the habitual pattern of most kids in tapping continuously and tuning out direction. The payoff is learning to wait for direction to get your reward. Direction can also be repeated as well, as there are gentle cues of highlighting the answer to help little ones. There is also a hidden toucan and flowers to be explored that also help with visual scanning. A memory game is included to extend play that is separate from the story.
Good for practicing fine motor skills and counting
Liked the storyline of this book - essentially the narrator reads the book and tells you which gorilla to tickle and they will drop. This allows children to find various gorillas based on what they are wearing or doing (like drumming), wearing a pirate hat or drumming. At the end of the story you see all of the gorilla's again. I wished that you could have interacted with them and re-counted them at the end. Love the story and concept. Very good way to promote counting and finding things for preschoolers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wasabi Productions Pty Ltd
- 64.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Wasabi Productions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.