Tequila Matchmaker is the only rating system smart enough to detect your personal preferences and match you with the tequilas that are right for you. Each tequila has its own "flavor fingerprint," and each person has his or her own flavor preferences. Our proprietary matching algorithm uses nine different characteristics to find the best matches for you. Oh, and it gets smarter as you use it.
Tequila Matchmaker is a product of TasteTequila.com, an independent tequila blog and community run by Grover and Scarlet Sanschagrin.
Here's what to expect:
- Be surprised by your individual taste profile: Based on your ratings, the app shows you which aromas and flavors you are responding to. It will even tell you which production methods, and regions of Mexico, you like the most (and least!)
- Matching you with the right tequilas: The app will use your rating and "likes" to match you with the best tequilas for your palate.
- Seriously detailed tequila product information: Tequilas listed in the app show community ratings, aroma and flavor descriptors, and production details. You can't get any geekier than this!
- Keep up with what's happening in the tequila community in real time: Follow other tequila lovers, keep on top of trending tequilas, and get the latest tequila industry news in the Activity tab of the app.
- Find out where your favorite tequila is made: Our distillery (NOM) database is the most complete searchable index available online. It is updated within a few hours of the information being released by the CRT, the branch of the Mexican government that regulates the tequila industry, and it contains historical data so you can still find information on older tequilas and brands. Search by NOM number, or simply type in a brand name, and the app will show you where it was made, and what other tequilas are made in that same distillery.
- It’s not just for tequila geeks: Even if you don't know anything about tequila, the app will teach you in an easy and engaging way by using your own taste profile.
- We fixed an issue where Community Ratings wouldn't load for certain products
- We fixed a typo on the rating screen that we can't believe we noticed until now
- We fixed a problem with the rating process where the "Tasting Notes" link would disappear mid-rating
- We made it once again possible to "Share" your ratings to social media from the app as an image
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, but slow and needs search by category
This app is great. I love the blind rating feature. I love the search by NOM or name feature. It’s great. The app is very slow loading at times and can benefit from a performance boost. I also wish it had the same search functionality as on the website where you can search by category (ie: blanco, reposado, etc).
Pretty good for reviews, but the “Nearby” section for finding hooch is sorely lacking. It doesn’t appear to have been updated... ever? There are venues that no longer exist listed. And say there’s no simple way to report that - it really needs a couple simple buttons, “Mark venue closed” and maybe a “correct info” for places with incorrect addresses or phone numbers. I don’t think the tequila lists for many places are complete or recent. They should be dated, to let consumers know.
So for reviews... sure, it’s a solid app. For actually finding tequilas... stick to WineSearcher, much better database.
Very well organized information, easy to use, lots of useful features. I use this all the time for my job and for my own research. I mostly use it to find out about production methods and what brands are made where. It’s fun to find out where and how different brands used to be made as well. I can’t believe all of this information is so well organized in one place. I love the news section too!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- S2F Online, Inc.
- 14.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020, TasteTequila.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.