• Topo maps for US + the whole World.
• Record your track (with elevation and speed info) for all your outdoor activities.
• The best solution for off-road journeys.
An app to satisfy all your Hiking and Biking’s needs, developed with the help of professional hikers and bikers. You will be able to download the best topo maps and enjoy your new outdoor season. Press the RECORD button, put the phone in your pocket and record your day.
• Optimised for both iPhone and iPad use.
• Amazingly clear maps, thanks to the Retina technology usage.
• Easy to use user interface.
• You can download maps (for FREE) on the device, to be used later without any internet connection.
• Topo Maps for US, Canada, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, Oceania (the whole world !!!).
• Share tracks, tours, markers and photos in various formats (KMZ, KML, GPX).
• Share your track together with all the photo taken along in one single file.
• Add the Satellite images as overlay of your map.
• Optimized battery usage with battery monitoring.
• Store your track without the need of cellular data or phone signal.
• Switch between different map colouring.
• Customize your Marker's icon and Track's color.
• Measure distances on the map.
• Load any track, tour and marker from internet communities (KMZ, KML, GPX even if zipped)
• Graph of the elevation profile and speed for each track.
• Search world places by name
Terra Map lets you download — for FREE !!! — the best topo maps with elevation contours, trails, huts, parks, etc. and no additional purchase is required. You can download the maps at home within your device and then use them without any Internet connection need. Check our maps at: www.globalterramaps.com/terraviewer.html
Why not sharing your favorite markers on Facebook or sending an email with your last daily track, with all the pictures you captured (Note 1) to show them on Google Earth™ or Maps ? With Terra Map it is just a click.
► ELEVATION ANS SPEED GRAPHS
Record all important info of your track and plot the graph of elevation and the graph of the speed.
► iOS BACKGROUND MODE
You can record GPS track while Terra Map is in background and while the device is locked.
► TYPE OF PURCHASES
- Unlimited: you can download and update your charts forever.
- Subscription: it is an year auto-renewable subscription, it will automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Terms of Service: http://www.globalaquamaps.com/Acknowledge.html
Note 1. Pictures captured by Terra Map while recording the track are automatically linked to the track itself, and sent with the track when you share it.
Note 2. The effective battery duration depends by the battery condition, by the temperature and the device usage.
• Some small improvements
Ratings and Reviews
What happened to the satellite feature?! - Fixed :)
Update: After closing and restarting the app a few times, the satellite slider began to function properly. This app is great, btw, and I appreciate the response to my first post.
Original: Just downloaded the latest update/release and now I can’t view satellite images despite updating the particular maps I’m interested in. Is there a bug that needs to be fixed?
Developer Response ,
from our tests the Satellite images overlay works fine (in the new version too).
Please check in case the satellite opacity slider on the bottom-right of the map is properly set to see the Satellite images.
If you have still problems in seeing the Satellite please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you solving the issue.
Terra Map Support Team
Gotta love offline maps!
This is a nice program as long as you download the maps you need before you are offline. I would give it 5 stars except for the intermittent problem that I am having with it marking my track. Yesterday I thrashed through brush for three hours uphill to mark a fence line, when I got to the top the track hadn't registered even tho the little icon was still flashing as active. Grrrrr!
Developer Response ,
thanks for your words and we are sorry you had a problem using our app. What we could suggest about tracking is to pay attention to where you place the phone. You need to put it in a position that gives a "clear sky view" and not under some item that hidden the sky. Check also the quality of the GPS signal (box in the bottom side of the screen) because in some condition (big trees) the signal could be lost.
Good app with great support
Love this app for being easy to understand and easy to use, plus the maps are very good.
I had a problem with OS13 update and the app. Emailed support, and had an answer and fix quickly.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GEC s.r.l.
- 184.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GEC srl 2013 - 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $17.99
- Pro Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.