CREATE LIFE ON MARS
Lead a corporation and launch ambitious Mars terraforming projects. Direct massive construction works, manage and use your resources, create cities, forests and oceans, and set rewards and objectives to win the game!
In Terraforming Mars, place your cards on the board and use them wisely:
- Achieve a high Terraform Rating, by increasing the temperature and oxygen level or creating oceans... Make the planet habitable for future generations!
- Get Victory Points by building cities, infrastructure and other ambitious projects.
- But watch out! Rival corporations will try to slow you down... That's a nice forest you planted there... It'd be a shame if an asteroid crashed right on it.
Will you be able to lead humanity into a new era? The terraforming race begins now!
• The official adaptation of Jacob Fryxelius' famous board game.
• Mars for all: Play against the computer or challenge up to 5 players in multiplayer mode, online or offline.
• Game variant: Try the rules of the Corporate Era for a more complex game. With the addition of new cards, including 2 new corporations, focused on economy and technology, you will discover one of the most strategic variants of the game!
• Solo Challenge: Finish terraforming Mars before the end of generation 14. Try new rules and features in the most challenging Solo mode on the (red) planet.
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Terraforming Mars on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube!
- The game saves again the players’ preferences (settings, achievements…). The previous settings should be restored.
- The timer duration at the creation of an online game is now saved as a preference.
- The 5th player can tap the Press button again (was inaccessible with certain resolutions).
- The version number is displayed properly on iOS devices.
- No more “Very very very long” placeholder popups.
- The number of generations in solo mode is now properly displayed (14 with the base game, 12 using Prelude).
- Games should be always resumable from the Resume interface.
- The “Price reduction” side popup is now always properly displayed.
- The Buy button in the ingame shop is now properly displayed.
- The Restore purchase button on iOS devices should now work properly and allows you to restore the Prelude DLC purchase on different devices using the same account.
- At the end of the game, when you don’t have enough plants to convert into forests, you don’t have anything to do anymore.
- The player’s cards won’t disappear anymore when another player is playing.
- The OK button of the Prelude tutorial popup during your first Prelude game is now properly clickable.
- The player cannot open all the Info tooltip of the custom rules when they create a new game.
- The player cannot see which corporation has been picked by AI during local games anymore.
- On mobile, the View game state button won’t be overlapped by the Confirm button during resource production increase situations.
- A small visual artefact in the temperature bar has been fixed.
- The [-1] PUBLIC_KEY_PINNING_ERROR message at login should be less frequent (if it happens to you, check if you have the good login/password combination, and take a screenshot of the game console that appears by typing/clicking rapidly the top right corner of the screen).
- The resolution and quality settings might appear empty and not changeable.
Ratings and Reviews
good game with multiplayer bugs
Overall, the game runs really well on single player mode. Multiplayer is not really stable.
First the good. Terraforming Mars is an awesome board game! The digital board is gorgeous and everything is intuitive if you’ve played the board game before. I really like the fact that bookkeeping is completely handled for you. The actions tab lets you see how many possible actions you or your opponent have left. This is all fantastic and an improvement over the physical board game.
With that said, multiplayer is deeply flawed due to bugs. The karma system is meaningless with the current bugs in place. Games will hang or you will get kicked out while a robot takes you actions. I’ve found that when this happens you can’t log back on and take control. If you forfeit you will lose karma, which keeps you from getting desirable matches going forward. Since the games are typically 75 to 90 minutes long even in digital mode, this is a big drawback. I haven’t dropped intentionally for the last few days but keep losing karma to these issues. In addition, I haven’t been able to figure out how you add a friend online. If the multiplayer issues were fixed, this would be 5 star app for sure. With these bugs, I can only give it 3 stars as multiplayer can be very frustrating to play. You can get a real match in here and there but my success rate has only been around 50%.
Developer Response ,
For your information we just released a patch to fix saved issues. Games with the Draft mode will now be properly saved and able to be resumed after closing the app. If you find additional bug, do not hesitate to share with us here https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/terraforming-mars/ Don't forget to specify your device.
Thank you for your help.
Asmodee Digital Crew
Luck and Strategy in a Fin Package
This is a fun game. It takes both luck and strategy to win it. If you don’t get the right cards, there’s no way to win. But if you don’t play the cards you have strategically, you won’t win, either, making the game a nice balance of expert play and balance. The mobile version takes away much of the bookkeeping tedium and mental overhead that you get when you play the board game face to face, freeing players to focus on the strategy more than on just what plays are possible. In that way, the mobile version improves on the physical game. Highly recommended for folks looking for a fun game that requires some thinking, but doesn’t bog down in slow play or deep strategic contemplation.
One minor nitpick: The solo version does not credit a game as a win if the last couple greenery tiles come in the build phase after the last turn. There’s no point even having that phase if those extra tiles aren’t the difference between winning and losing. IMO, that situation should credited as a win.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We forwarded this problem and our teams will try their best to fix it. If you have any detail you want to add about it such as screenshots, please contact us at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/. Have a great day!
Good implementation needs a few things
First my brother and I have both played their actual board game so it was fairly easy for us to learn the digital version. As much as we loved it we couldn’t help but mention how difficult it’d be to learn the game because there were multiple things we had to search for in the Ui. However we were able to do everything we expected to through the game, it is a great digital version as it’s not lacking in any features we could find. My largest complaint is that it has no notification system so it is really only worthwhile to play if both players are going to play live. The online component gives the option to put time limits on turns but that doesn’t work great because you have to constantly go back into the game to check if it’s your turn. Even that wouldn’t be awful but it takes a good 15-30s to resume your game if you leave the app for ANY reason, even a switch to a respond or view a text message you have to sign back in and wait to reconnect. The game needs to implement notifications or have a way to see from the main menu whose turn it is. The only other flaw of the game is there is no undo, if you play a card or an action there is no way to back out of it even if it is still your turn. If those two issues were resolved it’d be a 5 star game
Developer Response ,
We've taken a note of your detailed review. We thank you for your feedback.
Asmodee Digital Support
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 232.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Asmodee Digital 2019. © FryxGames 2016. Terraforming Mars™ is a trademark of FryxGames.
- In-App Purchases
- Terraforming Mars - Prelude $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.