tes•LAX is a CAN bus Explorer and visualization tool that works with CAN data from many sources, including gas-powered and electric vehicles.
** tes•LAX can connect to some OBD-2 accessories to show live CAN Bus data from your vehicle. Additional wiring, and installation is necessary. Damage done to your vehicle may not be covered by vehicle warranty. Proceed at your own risk. **
- Predefined visualizations with many useful signals for a popular types of electric vehicles.
- Designed to analyze and visualize CANBus data with 11-bit message identifiers.
- Works with the OBDLink MX+ and CX, vLinker MC+ and WiFi, and other WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy accessories. Note that "Classic Bluetooth" accessories other than the OBDLink MX+ are not supported. Please visit https://teslax.app for more information on supported accessories.
- Support for accesories supporting the Panda UDP Protocol. Note: Comma.ai has discontinued WiFi support for the Panda White. You many be able to flash your Panda to an old version of firmware to maintain WiFi support. The Comma.ai Panda is for advanced users only and not recommended for normal users.
- Playback CAN Bus log files. (TXT, ASC and BLF file formats)
- Data sources containing multiple buses (ASC/BLF log files, Panda)
With an "Extended Release" purchase or subscription:
- Configure the visualization by choosing signals from the included signals database.
- Additional pages of pre-configured visualization in provided presets.
For pros, and tinkerers, an "Extra Strength 2.0" purchase or subscription unlocks additional features:
- New in 2.0: Additional full page visualizations such as a Drag Timer, Matrix View, and Graph.
- Record log files in TXT, ASC, and BLF formats and convert to comma separated format (CSV)
- Create and edit presets.
- Modify the signal database to create and update signals as the vehicle manufacturer changes the data format.
- Export presets to file for backup/sharing and re-import them.
- Ability to import DBC files (containing signal definition information).
- A "Binary Matrix" view of a message or signal for reverse engineering data streams.
This software is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tesla Motors or any vehicle manufacturer.
This app accesses data streams that are not documented or supported by the vehicle manufacturer. If the manufacturer decides to change the data stream, then this app may display incorrect information. If the manufacturer removes data, then some or all functionality of the app may cease to work. Many signals in the signal database may be from previous versions of the vehicle operating software (such as the cell voltages, which were removed in a software update many updates ago)
You are responsible for all risks of installing and using 3rd party hardware in your vehicle.
Do not use tes•LAX while driving. Please obey all traffic laws and do not drive while distracted.
tes•LAX uses bluetooth and local network access only for the purpose of connecting to accessories. Analytics are not collected at any time.
Use caution when using accessories that are not secured via password or pairing. See https://teslax.app/supported-hardware/ for more information.
You accept full and unconditional responsibility for the use of this software. All About Jake, LLC is not responsible for any consequences of using this software, including any damage to your vehicle, loss, damage to property, personal injury, or violation of law that may occur in connection with using this application. Obey all laws and respect the privacy of others. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The author(s) and copyright holders shall not be liable for any damages, even if advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages.
- Minor fix to formatting of the battery matrix view.
- Improved compatibility with latest versions of the operating system.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is really well designed and allows you to customize the gauges and even make your own. Finding the best Bluetooth adapter is a bit of a gamble. I tried several and so far the best is the MX+ which works great with my iPhone 13 max. Other adapters work but some data is missing. The only thing are the graphs. With some signals they just flicker
Shocked there’s only 10 reviews. If you like to tinker and see data, and own a tesla, you’ll love this. My only critique would be to translate some of the nomenclature into natural language to improve understanding for more people. LOVE the performance tab that records speed runs. Hope this keeps being updated and maintained!
Lots more to learn, see, and do. It adds a lot of new functions compared to the old version. Just starting to use and so far so good. For me it really lots of fun to use.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- All About Jake LLC
- 22.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2021 All About Jake, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One-Time Free 5-day Pass $0.00
- Extra Strength Subscription $9.99
- Extra Strength 2.0 $15.99
- Extra Strength 1.0 $11.99
- Extended Release 1.0 $5.99
- Extra Strength Upgrade to 2.0 $3.99
- Extra Strength Upgrade 1.0 $5.99
- Upgrade to Extra Strength 2.0 $9.99