tes•LAX is a CAN bus Explorer and visualization tool. tes•LAX can work with data from many CAN bus sources, including gas-powered and electric vehicles.
** tes•LAX can connect to some OBD-2 accessories to show live CANBus data from your vehicle. Additional wiring, and installation is necessary. Damage done to your vehicle may not be covered by vehicle warranty. Proceed at your own risk. **
- Predefined visualization with many useful signals for a popular types of electric vehicles.
- Designed to analyze and visualize CANBus data with 11-bit message identifiers.
- Works with the OBDLink MX+, OBDLink CX, vLinker MC+, vLinker WiFi, and other WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy accessories. Note that "Classic Bluetooth" accessories other than the OBDLink MX+ are not supported. Please visit https://teslax.app for more information on supported accessories.
- Support for accesories supporting the Panda UDP Protocol. Note: Comma.ai has discontinued WiFi support for the Panda White. You many be able to flash your Panda to an old version of firmware to maintain WiFi support. The Comma.ai Panda is for advanced users only and not recommended for normal users.
- Playback CANBus log files. Support raw TXT logs and the CANBus ASC and BLF file formats.
- Data sources containing multiple buses (ASC/BLF log files, Panda)
With an "Extended Release" purchase or subscription:
- Configure the visualization by choosing signals from the included signals database.
- Additional pages of pre-configured visualization in provided presets.
For pros, and tinkerers, an "Extra Strength" purchase or subscription unlocks additional features:
- Record log files in TXT, ASC, and BLF formats.
- Convert log files to comma separated format (CSV)
- Create and edit presets.
- Modify the signal database to create and update signals as the vehicle manufacturer changes the data format.
- Export presets to file for backup/sharing and re-import them.
- Ability to import DBC files (containing signal definition information).
- A "Binary Matrix" view of a message or signal for reverse engineering data streams.
This software is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tesla Motors or any vehicle manufacturer.
This app accesses data streams that are not documented or supported by the vehicle manufacturer. If the manufacturer decides to change the data stream, then this app may display incorrect information. If the manufacturer removes data, then some or all functionality of the app may cease to work. Many signals in the signal database may be from previous versions of the vehicle operating software (such as the cell voltages, which were removed in a software update many updates ago)
You are responsible for all risks of installing and using 3rd party hardware in your vehicle.
Do not use tes•LAX while driving. Please obey all traffic laws and do not drive while distracted.
tes•LAX uses bluetooth and local network access only for the purpose of connecting to accessories. Analytics are not collected at any time.
Use caution when using accessories that are not secured via password or pairing. See https://teslax.app/supported-hardware/ for more information.
You accept full and unconditional responsibility for the use of this software. All About Jake, LLC is not responsible for any consequences of using this software, including any damage to your vehicle, loss, damage to property, personal injury, or violation of law that may occur in connection with using this application. Obey all laws and respect the privacy of others. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The author(s) and copyright holders shall not be liable for any damages, even if advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages.
1.6.4 fixes a bug that prevents the app from accessing iCloud Drive. 1.6.4 restores iCloud Drive functionality for recording log files and accessing other files.
Fixes and Improvements in Previous 1.6.x releases:
- Fix for ASC log file generation: While all the data bytes are recorded to the log, the "length" field is improperly calculated. Apps that consume ASC log files and obey the data length field will ignore bytes, resulting in signals that appear to be "missing" from the log.
- Added bus label to message and signal pickers.
- Fix for crasher when editing enum values in the signal list.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements for iPad
- Fix for multiplexer field (it is now an integer rather than a decimal)
- Other minor crash fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for viewing key car data
Finally an app that shows Tesla data for iOS! Information such as motor power, battery cell temps and max regen are now at my fingertips. A must have for iOS Tesla users.
This latest update adds a lot of functionality and is a real nice update. Great job.
Extremely powerful and configurable
This is the ultimate data viewing app for Tesla, and the only one where you can update and add your own signals without an need to update the app. In fact you can load in a database and use with any CAN device. Gauges have several well thought out options so you can have different styles on screen simultaneously. Ive been using this to produce a series of YouTube videos deep diving into the signals in my Model 3 and how it’s various systems react to different situations.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- All About Jake LLC
- 10.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2021 All About Jake, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Strength Subscription $9.99
- Extra Strength 1.0 $11.99
- Extended Release 1.0 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.