The TestCard app is a small tool to display pixel perfect test patterns on any connected display and video projector. The default test pattern is a custom made design that suits your needs to caliber any type of display or video projector. You can use it to check the position and distortion, and also colors, grays, contrasts and interlacing.
You can also display any type of grid in any color with or without distorsion circles, display a custom bitmap image, standard SMPTE color bars or a customizable color spectrum. All the different patterns can be exported to an image file at the size you need.
- Added circle options in the grid pattern
- Added the Spectrum pattern
Ratings and Reviews
Still solid, but it would be great to see an update after 6 years!
This app could really use an update. It would be even better to see it released open source if they aren’t planning on ever updating the app again.
Great idea, but missing important data. Please give me the option to take off your advertisement! I paid for the app.
Good idea BUT...
The idea is great, however the Test card is missing to show important visual data. Here are some ideas for the developer
1) Frequency spectrum (To detect unwanted video filters)
2) Supper Blacks and Supper White values (i.e. in 1 % scale)
3) Gamma paterns
4) D50 / D65 white points
5) Horizontal and Vertical Resolution guides
6) Overscan and Underscan markers
7) A block passing throught the screen to measure cadence and audio synchronization.
8) a E partern to measure 20/20 visual acuity
9) The avility to write your own message and other stuff like time code and video resolution.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.