If you love finding great BBQ joints (and talking about them), this is the app for you. Built from the ground up expressly for the mobile BBQ enthusiast, the Texas Monthly BBQ Finder will help you discover the best BBQ joints in Texas. Just one tap of the screen will deliver up all the BBQ joints near you--and what everyone’s saying about them. Nobody knows BBQ like TEXAS MONTHLY, which has been obsessively covering the pitmasters of the Lone Star State since the 1970s. This app draws on those decades of experience, with reviews of hundreds of the top joints in Texas. The Texas Monthly BBQ Finder is the app no connoisseur of smoked meat should be without. The only thing it doesn’t have is a nice smoky smell.
- The “Find” feature detects your location automatically using GPS and serves up basic information on the BBQ joints in your vicinity, wherever you are, from Amarillo to Brownsville.
- “Texas Monthly’s Top 50 List” delivers reviews of the TEXAS MONTHLY’s 2017 Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas, all of them sorted by rating.
- Hundreds more detailed up-to-date reviews of Texas BBQ joints are available within the app from TEXAS MONTHLY staff and exclusive content partners.
- The Texas Monthly BBQ Finder is also web-based, so now you can waste hours of your workday arguing with other BBQ hounds about who has the best pork ribs in Dallas, then carry the same conversation out the door on your smartphone. Full functionality can be accessed through www.texasmonthly.com/dining-guide.
A few minor yet important updates are included in this version.
* The BBQ joints in the primary and Top 50 list are now sorted by proximity to your current location. You'll see which Texas Monthly recommended BBQ joints are nearby at a glance.
* More joint reviews have been added to the app and more will become available in the coming weeks and months. No app update required.
Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Its a good start to an app, and the layout is decent. Here are my suggestions to move up to a 4 or 5 star. 1- Add an interactive map. This is useless without an app so I can see what is close when i'm traveling. The directions idea is good and the fact that a map pulls up when I press the address is nice, but it still needs a map showing where everything is. 2- add a font that supports ñ on jalapeño because currently it doesn't.
3- Leaderboard is silly as some guy already has 27 checkins and you app launched today.
Update is horrible. It use to tell you what BBQ was actually near you. Now it just gives you a random list of places that are hours away from where you are. Old version featured reviews from patrons which was nice, it was good to hear what locals liked. New version is kind of useless. Seems like they forgot to finish the app.
Helped me find some great ‘cue!
Just found 2M in San Antonio on the way home from the beach - amazing! Great to see proximity and Top 50 mark in an easy list.
- Texas Monthly
- 14.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 1973-2017 Genesis Park dba Texas Monthly. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.