Texas Public Radio App:
The Texas Public Radio App allows you to listen to Texas Public Radio live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the Texas Public Radio streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to Texas Public Radio with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Texas Public Radio even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to Texas Public Radio in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and Texas Public Radio) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Texas Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• You can also access the Radio Bookmarks created on your iPhone/iPod on your computer. Just visit tpr.org.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Texas Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Texas Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Texas Public Radio by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inasmuch as NPR is our single source of news it’s a very functional and convenient app. I’m happy it exists in a world that’s starved for objectivity. As an older guy with a journalism background, it’s regrettable that we live in a world filled with “opinions which pass for news”. Journalism is supposed to offer ideas and let the listener decide - not have ideology crammed down your throat.” We’ve listened to it for over 35 years. Bravo”
San Antonio, Tx
Does Its Job
Not a bad app, it provides the TPR content it sets out to do. Two big things that I wish would be fixed though. Firstly, the when you try to share an article it doesn’t use the standard iOS menu; instead it uses some terrible proprietary menu that only has Facebook (gross), Twitter, and Messages. It doesn’t function well at all. It doesn’t even provide a link when I try to share via Messages. Secondly, I wish that it was possible to listen to the Classical broadcast while browsing the news. Fix those two issues and this is a five star app.
On demand & easy to share
The on demand features of this app are why it gets five stars. Being able to catch up on real and reliable segments are great for someone with a busy schedule. I use it for my wind down time, and love that I can easily share information with friends via text, email and Facebook.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.