FREE for backToSchool. Automatically display parts of speech to analyze writing.
Texie is an AI assisted reader operating entirely on your device. Point your camera at printed text, signs, labels, & handwritten notes, and Texie will recognize, convert to text, and speak it within seconds. Alternatively, choose the Multiple Pages option in settings to auto-save scanned text to listen at a later time. Texie runs in a continuous video stream, and beeps when it detects text. There is also a Text to Speech (tts) feature in 20+ languages that can be used independently of the text recognition feature. See Settings tab->Text View. Listen to your notes as often as you want, and at any speed to improve recall and facilitate learning. Also use it to paste or scan text from any media to catch up on current news and articles of interest.
- learn to read in multiple languages
- font too small/vision impaired
- on the go, or no time to read. (scan up to 10 pages and listen to it later at any speed)
- digitize your notes and enhance memory recall by listening to key facts repeatedly
- tired of reading your textbook? Listen to a page with just one click
- learn spelling
- learn new vocabulary
- improve focus and concentration with spoken word highlights
- built in file system to easily view and edit up to 10 text documents (saved to the app documents directory on your device)
- boost education and productivity. May benefit students, auditory and dyslexic learners, and busy individuals
- diagram sentences automatically - identify and display parts of speech for the English language
- search for one or more comma separated keywords on a page and display results
- internet connection not needed to use any feature of this app
- all operations are completed on the device.
- private. Zero tracking of usage or data.
- fast. recognizes text and speaks within seconds
- currently recognizes 7 languages
(English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Chinese - both traditional and simplified) and speaks in the corresponding language *
- read aloud books, notes, mail, signs, labels, etc
- use in portrait or portrait mode. For landscape, rotate your device until the button appear on the top before scanning
- variable speech rate slider so you can listen to it at any speed
- variable text size slider in Text View for optimal readability
- currently spoken word is highlighted
- option to pause and continue listening at a later time
- if paused, rewind to start listening at the beginning of the text again
- share button to quickly export one or more pages to files, email, notes, messages, etc
- Text View screen to view scanned text. Alternatively, paste in your own text for tts
- Basic multi-column support, processing in top-down, left to right sequence. Turn this feature on in settings
- turn off volume to use highlighted text as captions to practice your speech at any speed
- background execution so you can continue listening while using other apps, or when your screen is locked.
- no logins
- iOS14 +
- requires camera permission to detect and recognize text
- requires photo library permission to recognize user selected photos
- simple User Interface for easy navigation
* text recognition accuracy is not guaranteed, so use with caution
French app localization credit goes to Sof!
If you would like Texie to be localized to another language, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For FAQs and updates, please follow the app page at Facebook.com/TextAI
Ratings and Reviews
I think it would be a good thing
I bought the credits for three dollars and some odd cents I can’t even get it to work. Am I doing something wrong? I hold my document under the page it blinks on and off says recognizing document then it doesn’t read to me I’m frustrated. I would either like my credits back or things to be fixedThank you
Developer Response ,
Are you the one who contacted us over email?
If so, I believe we got this working for your device. Otherwise, please contact our support: email@example.com and we will help you troubleshoot.
Some obvious things to check: make sure your ringer is turned on. You can also try going to settings and clicking the Listen button if it has scanned previously.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Vine Solutions, LLC
- 6.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Blue Vine Solutions, LLC